DAY 25

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 3forfree, Jan 24, 2012.

1. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    Today is day 25 so far I've gotten 6 nice fluffy chicks out of 14 eggs I set on the 31st of Dec. I cleaned out the bator and broke open the 8 eggs that were left. What I found was 5 duds that never did anything, 2 partial chicks that looked like they had gone quite some time before something happened, and 1 fully developed chick that looked like he was ready to come out, but something happened. Oh well. When I locked them down I had temp and humidity swings that you wouldn't believe. Temps to 104,Humidity at 99.9, I messed with everything and had at one point given up, and let them go to see what would happen. I got 6 so something went
    right.Good Luck to everyone that's set or is setting eggs, nothing says they will or won't hatch, you can have the best incubator or the cheapest like I had, and you get what you get. Keep trying, I'm going to, but I'm making a different bator than the last one.[​IMG]

2. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    Conjrats on the chicks. Cute!

3. lincolnsilkies

lincolnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2011
    Lincoln Nebraska
    Congrats on the chicks!

4. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    Congrats ! I bet those "Dud " eggs smells wonderful !!!![​IMG]

5. 3forfree

3forfree Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    essexville, michigan
    actually none of the eggs smelled bad, I thought there would be something terrible inside but there wasn't. I didn't know what to expect breaking them open so one at a time I put them in a zip lock bag, and hit them with the handle of a kitchen knife to break open.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by