Day 28 no movement no pipping?

Does that work?

Yes, I see the pic! :)

So glad you are hearing peeping now, they are getting closer! Just be patient and let the magic happen. ^-^ (And don't read too much about what can go wrong. We'll cross that bridge if we come to it, but it seems like they are doing just fine so far!)

They started tapping last night, peeping this morning and still no pipping!!! How long? Are they stuck? I'm so ready! Day 29 is almost over!

They typically take about 24 hours between each step of hatching (internal pip which is where they are now, then external pip, then "unzipping" around the egg and hatching out). Ducklings like to take their time and rest alot in between steps. So, no worries yet! ;)

Thanks @orca5094 ! You are like the benevolent queen of hatching ducklings :)

And while I oh-so-impatiently wait, let me ask something else. I have an Ancona that went broody over 7 eggs. Poor dear is down to one egg. Thing is, it's rotten. She still takes care of it- she even moved her nest because it got wet and moved the egg with it. If I brought her inside would she take care of these ducklings like her own since she wants to be a mama or would coming inside be too traumatic, or maybe she just wouldn't be interested in these babies?

Thanks @orca5094 ! You are like the benevolent queen of hatching ducklings :)

And while I oh-so-impatiently wait, let me ask something else. I have an Ancona that went broody over 7 eggs. Poor dear is down to one egg. Thing is, it's rotten. She still takes care of it- she even moved her nest because it got wet and moved the egg with it. If I brought her inside would she take care of these ducklings like her own since she wants to be a mama or would coming inside be too traumatic, or maybe she just wouldn't be interested in these babies?
again, I don't know much about ducks but I do know that chickens will adopt chicks if they are given to them when they are one day old and snuck under the hen during the night so she wakes up with babies underneath her

Ok... I don't think I could sneak on her, but maybe I'll bring her in and see if she's interested. Although she wasn't a great setter so maybe she wouldn't be the best mother!

And I have a small crack in an egg finally but I'm so scared humidity is too high or low. I want to peel back part of the ripped she'll but I know I shouldn't. I better go to bed before I can't help myself!

Ok... I don't think I could sneak on her, but maybe I'll bring her in and see if she's interested. Although she wasn't a great setter so maybe she wouldn't be the best mother!

And I have a small crack in an egg finally but I'm so scared humidity is too high or low. I want to peel back part of the ripped she'll but I know I shouldn't. I better go to bed before I can't help myself!

YES Go to bed

NO MEDLING

Back
Top Bottom