Day 28 with ducks - humidity problems ** PIP ** !!!!!!

no worries Cyn - I know it is a common mistake - that was why when I set up my bator I made sure to remember where that darn thing goes LOL this is a new unit ( bought for this hatch ) so this is the first hatch I have used it - I might have to play around with it after all this is done.

well Miss Prissy - these are mutt eggs from my flock here - so they are not shipped eggs, they are part cayuga/ creasted or either cayuga/pekin depending on who my female spent the night with
wink.png
LOL

I have a vaporizer - would it make much different at this late stage to pull it out and plug it in?

the water we normally add is just tap water that has been running for a few minutes - not totally hot.

Julie

I was curious if you had muscovy crossed mutts because those won't hatch no matter what you do. If you had pure muscovy those take a minimum of 35 days. I was just making sure. LOL

Oh - no harm in mutts - don't get upset with me - just those crosses aren't fertile.
smile.png

I have read posts that say your humidity outside the bator does affect the humidity inside so trying to run the vaporizer near the bator may help.

** UPDATE **

I HAVE A PIP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jumpy.gif
( really need a duckie guy right there lol )

I dont how long it has been pipped- we have been in and out all day - I know when we lasted look this afternoon everything looked the same - we got home the first thing I did was check the brooder full of chicks ( we lost one last night
hit.gif
) and I went to check the bator and had to do a double take !! I have managed to get the humidity up to 61% - there is no movement right now - no sounds - and the other 2 dont look like anything happing yet
this little pip has not broken all the way through yet - just made a little bump on the shell surface

but holy crap I have a pip !!!!!
ep.gif

now the really long waits begins
th.gif

Julie

Cyn - when I saw that little pip I swear I was going to start crying !!! DH tinks I have lost my mind ( but he is the one sitting in the room batorsitting )

I might have to brew some coffee -- going to be a looooong night

Julie

I am so glad to see that you have pipping. Don't worry, it is perfectly normal to tap on the bator and cheep when no one is looking
big_smile.png
fl.gif

I had to do an emergency bator bottom change and clean last night... apparently I had missed that I had a dud egg so I did an emergency candle to see if anyone else needed to hatch and moved a couple of eggs as the smell was overwhelming. One was pipped and I was worried I had messed things up but it hatched today and is talking at least one other out of the shell, now that the air is fresher.

well "she" is not out of the egg yet - but there is a rather large hole now - little bugger was busy last night - I can see her moving in the breathing and man she has that egg rolling - I hope by today sometime to have a brand new baby duckling to love and spoil - now only if her siblings would get the hint and join in on the hatching thing that would be great LOL

what a long day i am in for
pop.gif

Julie

Back
Top Bottom