Day 29 and nothing..

Here are some pics.

They could be dark because they're bad. :( We had some eggs on the counter once that went bad and they looked just like that. They smelled horrible. :/ Did you smell them? Maybe a couple of them are good still. Are they all dark?

They could be dark because they're bad.
sad.png
We had some eggs on the counter once that went bad and they looked just like that. They smelled horrible.
hmm.png
Did you smell them? Maybe a couple of them are good still. Are they all dark?
Only a couple are dark the others are still nice and white. I didn't smell them, but I should have. Also I'm gonna try to candle them again when it gets a little dark so I can actually see.

They could be dark because they're bad. :( We had some eggs on the counter once that went bad and they looked just like that. They smelled horrible. :/ Did you smell them? Maybe a couple of them are good still. Are they all dark?

Only a couple are dark the others are still nice and white. I didn't smell them, but I should have. Also I'm gonna try to candle them again when it gets a little dark so I can actually see.

Sounds like a good idea. Lily's trying her best. ;)

Haha! Yeah, well she's a Pekin. At least she tried. Did you give her eggs to Lily?
smile.png
Yeah. Lily just took the whole nest. I think Lily's doing a little bit of a better job than Martha did.. If I went near Martha while she was on the nest she'd just leave, Lily will stay there.

I'm thinking and maybe some of the eggs will take a couple more days because I think some of the eggs in the nest are newer than others.

Haha! Yeah, well she's a Pekin. At least she tried. Did you give her eggs to Lily? :)

Yeah. Lily just took the whole nest. I think Lily's doing a little bit of a better job than Martha did.. If I went near Martha while she was on the nest she'd just leave, Lily will stay there.

I'm thinking and maybe some of the eggs will take a couple more days because I think some of the eggs in the nest are newer than others.

Yeah, Lily's a good mama. :)

That would only be true if your ducks started sitting on some before the others. If they sat on all the eggs at the same time, they would all develop together regardless of when they were laid. ;)

Were all of the eggs alive the last time you candled?

That would only be true if your ducks started sitting on some before the others. If they sat on all the eggs at the same time, they would all develop together regardless of when they were laid. ;)

I've only candled then once.

I've only candled then once.

Ah. There are different stages in the incubation process that you're supposed to check for viability and throw out any bad eggs. When did you candle last? Rotten eggs can explode or ooze and contaminate the other eggs. :sick

Back
Top Bottom