Day 29 and nothing..

Lamaremybabies

Crowing
Nov 2, 2015
New England
So I have 6 duck eggs in my Incubator and it's day 29 I think... I read that you shouldn't count the set date as day 1 so if that's correct then it's day 28. The temp reads at 98.9-99.1 degrees and 55% humidity, but I still don't see any movement or pipping. Should I try candling them quickly to see if they are even alive? Or just let them sit for another day? I've never done this so I'm very nervous.

Hey Sophia. :)

Did you candle them before lock down to see if they were alive? I would just give it a little more time and see what happens. Hopefully they'll hatch real soon! :hugs

Did you candle them before lock down to see if they were alive? I would just give it a little more time and see what happens. Hopefully they'll hatch real soon! :hugs

I didn't candle them because I had candles them a couple days before and I saw them moving around so I assumed they were fine...

I didn't candle them because I had candles them a couple days before and I saw them moving around so I assumed they were fine...

Ok. Well, they should be hatching soon unless the temperature somehow fluctuated. But hopefully that's not the case. I would give it some more time. :) :fl

Any signs of hatching yet? :)

No.
1f616.png

Awe. :hugs How 'bout today? :)

Nothing from the bator but I think Lily's are hatching I check and a couple looked like they had outer piping

Awe. Well, I'm glad your ducky's eggs are hatching. Can't wait to see the cute 'lil 'lings. :)

I read somewhere that if the incubater temperature is lower, it can take longer for them to hatch. So, maybe wait another day. Pekin eggs hatch at 99.5 degrees. And they are a little bigger than some breed's eggs are. Did you set the eggs in the incubator the same day you put some under your girls? :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom