Day 29 Toulouse eggs...... when to add a safety hole...

Thank you :D

Here is the yeast ~

I'm over in the UK though so Amazon is slightly different for me.

Mmmmm... these I have here are certainly more yellow than the Tolouse pic you have posted. I don't think he knows himself what he has :/
I'm taking these two back to him tomorrow or Sunday so will have a look at the parent birds. He's said both Tolouse and Embden so we shall see for sure.

It's going to be a tug on the heart strings taking them back to the farm :hit I really did not expect to enjoy them so much or become attached to them :oops:

Thank you for all your help @Miss Lydia it really is very much appreciated :highfive:

Mmmmm... these I have here are certainly more yellow than the Tolouse pic you have posted. I don't think he knows himself what he has
hmm.png

I'm taking these two back to him tomorrow or Sunday so will have a look at the parent birds. He's said both Tolouse and Embden so we shall see for sure.

It's going to be a tug on the heart strings taking them back to the farm
hit.gif
I really did not expect to enjoy them so much or become attached to them
hide.gif

Thank you for all your help @Miss Lydia it really is very much appreciated
highfive.gif
Could be a mix then I have an Embden gander and Toulouse female But sadly they have never had goslings. If yours are pure Embden then you have a male lighter one and female dark one. I bet you can't hardly give them up goslings so so precious.

The goslings have gone back to the farm :( Very hard walking away from them but I know he will look after them and he's pleased as punch to have them.

I finally got to see the parents :bow

He's got a Tolouse female, Embden female and a Embden gander.

He thinks only the Tolouse has been laying but he can't be totally sure :idunno

On a good note I have 9 more eggs to go in the incubator :clap

The goslings have gone back to the farm
sad.png
Very hard walking away from them but I know he will look after them and he's pleased as punch to have them.

I finally got to see the parents
bow.gif

He's got a Tolouse female, Embden female and a Embden gander.

He thinks only the Tolouse has been laying but he can't be totally sure
idunno.gif

On a good note I have 9 more eggs to go in the incubator
clap.gif
Aww sad you had to give them back but hey 9 more goslings on the way right. Boy that will be fun.

Parents are beautiful. lovely green grass for them to graze, Jealous over here.

I too am jealous of his grass! He has them in a large orchard type area next to the farm house, he is wanting more birds as the three he has now are not really keeping on top of it. Wish I had that problem!

I'm not an adult goose fan (scare me) but these three were actually ok :D Hissed a bit at me but didn't chase and attack as with my previous experience with other geese.

I too am jealous of his grass! He has them in a large orchard type area next to the farm house, he is wanting more birds as the three he has now are not really keeping on top of it. Wish I had that problem!

I'm not an adult goose fan (scare me) but these three were actually ok
big_smile.png
Hissed a bit at me but didn't chase and attack as with my previous experience with other geese.
Chase?? you never run from a goose they are all bluff unless they feel they have the upper hand. I had a not so good encounter with geese many years ago and never thought I would have wanted any but I cannot imagine life with out them. [My gander was hatched and raised by a Muscovy so for 5 yrs he didn't know there were geese and oh gosh was he a wonderful papa goose to any ducklings hatched here.} Oh yes during breeding season the ganders get ornery and so do the females but They make life very interesting and to watch them raise their goslings is such a blessing. Maybe when these 9 hatch you'll think about keeping a couple. I have to grow grass in raised beds for my geese with 1" wide hardware wire over top to keep the chickens from scratching it all up but they[geese] have never suffered from not having pasture or orchard. I just feel bad I can't give it to them. We don't have good deep soil either living in very rocky mountain terrain.

I look forward to updates about these 9. I wish I could let mine hatch out more goslings but these 2 are plenty for my flock or chickens/ducks. My goose is half way brooding on some Runner eggs but she keeps breaking them their shells aren't as thick as Goose eggs so she is now down to 2 eggs. I hope these 2 makes it.

Back
Top Bottom