day 30 and still no ducklings? PLEASE ANSWER IN WORRIED

haha well now my next question is how do i clean the incubator?
its a still air little giant incubator
is there a special way?

I spray it off in the sink and then spray with clorox clean up with bleach and then let it sit for 20 mins and then rinse out.

I think they clean up pretty good.

You have an LG right? So it's just the styrofoam base? That's what I do. I don't let it sit in standing water or anything, but I'm a germ freak so I use the bleach.

the last one hatched today and when it came out of the egg its neck was bent down to its stomach. we dont know whats wrong with it we think that it is its lower body that has something wrong and not its upper body because when we helped it up its head was fine. does anyone have any idea of whats wrong with it? we need some help.

the last one hatched today and when it came out of the egg its neck was bent down to its stomach. we dont know whats wrong with it we think that it is its lower body that has something wrong and not its upper body because when we helped it up its head was fine. does anyone have any idea of whats wrong with it? we need some help.

Start giving it some chick vitamins like save a chick you can use a dropper and put it along it's bill so it will drink don't try to force it into it's mouth it may get it into it's lungs. also Poultry Nutri drench is great for helping them get started. you can get both at TSC. I hope it gets along okay but hopefully with a couple days of vitamin therapy it will be fine,.
fl.gif

This is a newly hatched baby? I would give it some time, it was probably just in the egg in a weird position too long. A lot of the time, they'll straighten out in 24-48 hours. If you want to move the baby to the brooder to the others, You can put in in a Tupperware "hospital" near enough to the heat lamp that it stays warm. Then just watch and wait.

If your duckling shows no improvement after 48 hours, then we'll help you re-assess the situation.
hugs.gif

Start giving it some chick vitamins like save a chick you can use a dropper and put it along it's bill so it will drink don't try to force it into it's mouth it may get it into it's lungs. also Poultry Nutri drench is great for helping them get started. you can get both at TSC. I hope it gets along okay but hopefully with a couple days of vitamin therapy it will be fine,.
fl.gif

Miss Lydia's advice is very good as well! I give all my newly hatched babies save a chick for the first 24-48 hours.

When giving water from an eyedropper, I gently rub the eyedropper against the bill until the duck actively opens it's bill and tries to get the water. If you force it, there will be problems.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom