Day 30, no internal pips, but all alive

Then I'd say just a little more patience!
fl.gif

Your temps may have been a little low, causing a bit of delay. Have you added another thermometer that has been verified accurate?

Should I help them if they haven't hatched out by tonight

No helping! That most often does more harm than good. Patience is the key with hatching ducklings. ;) Ducks take a long time to hatch (up to 3 days for the entire process). About 24 hours after they made their initial pips they should start to slowly crack around the rest of the shell ("unzip"). That part can also take about 24 hours, so just be patient. They take long breaks between steps and will not finish hatching out until they are completely ready inside their eggs. They need time to finish absorbing the yolk and drawing in the remaining blood from the vessels in the inner membrane. Often times when people help it is too early and the yolk will either not be absorbed yet, or blood vessels will be broken and the ducklings can bleed out.

Just sit back and watch the magic happen. ^-^

No helping! That most often does more harm than good. Patience is the key with hatching ducklings. ;) Ducks take a long time to hatch (up to 3 days for the entire process). About 24 hours after they made their initial pips they should start to slowly crack around the rest of the shell ("unzip"). That part can also take about 24 hours, so just be patient. They take long breaks between steps and will not finish hatching out until they are completely ready inside their eggs. They need time to finish absorbing the yolk and drawing in the remaining blood from the vessels in the inner membrane. Often times when people help it is too early and the yolk will either not be absorbed yet, or blood vessels will be broken and the ducklings can bleed out.

Just sit back and watch the magic happen. ^-^

x2! I'd even go so far as to say 40 hours after initial pip before starting to zip has not been uncommon for me.

Back
Top Bottom