Day 4 On Coop Project: A Woman's Adventure

I just found this thread - GREAT jOB!!!!!!!!!! You and the carpenter are doing a beautiful job. I love the overhang....keep the pics coming! The very BEST part is you are doing it without your DH... hee hee.... and he WILL be jealous when your friends come over and you get to say, "No, EYE did it!".
big_smile.png

Quote:
This is awesome
I love that you wanted it and made it happen and that you knew when you needed help and how to get it.
Is your husband now impressed?
what did he say?

what kind of chickens are you getting?
keep us posted!

Today has been great! We (Hubby and I) have been working on shoring up the coop. *Sweet Cheeks*......thanks for the advice on the roost. I took off the existing boards and put 1x4s in there level instead. The other boards were slanted. I decided I didn't like the barn door the carpenter put on, so Hubby decided to make me a new "double" door. The old barn door was warped and there was a HUGE gap at the bottom where just about any varment the size of a cat or smaller could get in. After awhile, Hubby started running into problems hanging the new door without a gap. I would give my suggestions, and he said, no....that wont work. After awhile of scratching his head and fiddling with the door he started getting really hot and not being able to concentrate right....So I promptly sent him inside to get some water and cool off. While he was in the house, guess who fixed the problem, got the door hung, and everything all nice and level?? That's right! Me Me Me Me Me Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif

I've been on my water and cool down break, so headed back out to work some more. I have a huge smile on my face! Will post a bit more this evening. TTYL!

Quote:
Can you tell just a few of us are VERY PROUD of you? And ourselves?
thumbsup.gif

You and your carpenter have done a great job!

Last edited:
lol.png
wee.gif

Your story and pictures make me smile - BIGTIME.

I don't have a DH (or a D-anything) so I have to do all my own stuff, or commission/purchase it. I've done some of both, and have a whole compound of coops of various styles and ..ummm.... well, they're all functional, but some of it looks a little ...ummmm... rural.....
for lack of a better term. The sense of accomplishment is divine, whether I built it or bought it, because *I* made all the decisions.

You go, girl! Don't forget to take and share pictures of the eventual occupants of your coop!

Love the job YOU did!
big_smile.png

It's beautiful!
If you still have those doors and windows, I would maybe think about taking them to a local architectural salvage place. Or try posting them in the antiques or farm/garden section of Craigslist.

Quote:
Can you tell just a few of us are VERY PROUD of you? And ourselves?
thumbsup.gif

You and your carpenter have done a great job!

YES!!!! You go girl. Very proud. Can't wait to see pics of the new door. Your chicks will be very happy to have the flat side of the 2 x 4 to rest on at night and you'll get joy in watching them all settle in for the night.

Thanks for cheering me on everyone! Hubby and I got the new door finished and hung and worked on predator proofing. Tomorrow after work I will do some more work on that and tie up all loose ends. Been trying to contact the lady all week who is selling me her flock of Buff Orpingtons. I have had no answer as yet. Hopefully I will be able to bring my ladies home on Tuesday. I'm really tired, so headed to bed for the night. Everyone have a great night, and thanks again!

Now that you have experience in the construction trade it's time to take all those old windows and build a small greenhouse / cold frame to grow and provide fresh greens for your new girls.
Get busy, you're burning daylight!
;O)

Back
Top Bottom