Day 7 checkup, can’t see veins?

Sadie Silva

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 25, 2017
Hello!

Im hatching 15 eggs (hatch date is Jan 1st) in a box, in cartons, with a light over the top and shavings + thermometer. Pretty homemade but I’ve had one good hatch with this type of setup before!

I went to candle them today and I do not see veins on ANY of them! (EEK) The yolk/dark spot is at the top near the air cell. I did see one egg with a very clear dark circle shape near the air cell (its pretty small) but all the rest have shadows that maybe look like embryos near the bottom of the yolk. I don’t want to give up on them yet because i do see the air cell expanding to one side, but because they got overheated a few days ago durring the night, im worried for them.

Does this sound normal? Please help!

100_0418.JPG

My mistake, they are due around the 7th
Hello!

Im hatching 15 eggs (hatch date is Jan 1st) in a box, in cartons, with a light over the top and shavings + thermometer. Pretty homemade but I’ve had one good hatch with this type of setup before!

I went to candle them today and I do not see veins on ANY of them! (EEK) The yolk/dark spot is at the top near the air cell. I did see one egg with a very clear dark circle shape near the air cell (its pretty small) but all the rest have shadows that maybe look like embryos near the bottom of the yolk. I don’t want to give up on them yet because i do see the air cell expanding to one side, but because they got overheated a few days ago durring the night, im worried for them.

Does this sound normal? Please help!

Back
Top Bottom