Day 8 candled eggs. *PICS* NOW DAY 19!!

jacca5

Songster
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Hodgenville, KY
Ok so this is my first attempt at incubating eggs and I candled them tonight and I know that three out of the five are good for sure so far. I am posting pics of what I saw. But I need to know why some of the eggs look spotty when they are candled? If someone could let me know I would appreciate it thanks.

100_0051.jpg

100_0049.jpg

100_0044.jpg

100_0041.jpg

Last edited:
That spotty piece should be the embryo or eye ( like its floating) and you should have seen some veining around it...

When you candle your eggs try candling down from the top...The big end...

Well I saw the embryo and the veining in four of the eggs what I was worried about was the spotty looking stuff like on the egg shell when I candled. Like in the pics you can see that two of the shells are really really spotty and two are not.

Quote:
Ok good I was worried about that. I have a Kodak easy share c613 and it is amazing. I made sure I had the flash off and the setting for with in 28 inches.

Okay, I took it to mean the little spot in the egg!!... lol...
big_smile.png
Some eggs are just more porous then others, some say they do not hatch well, but eggs sent to me always have....

Quote:
The eggs are fertile you can tell by the little black spot in the egg that is the embroy. These eggs have been in the bator for 8 days. They are brown eggs. My DH made a light to candle them with. He took a 13watt compact fluorescent bulb and slid a tube from a paper towel roll over it and taped it up then we just screwed it into a lamp and set the eggs on the roll.

Ok so today I took out the egg that I thought wasn't any good out of the incubator I opened it and there was a bloody spot and the yolk was busted. Now I am not sure if I done the right thing or not. If some one could please help me out with this I would appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom