Day 9 - sticky "sap" on eggs?

This is my current Brinsea hot mess:

6am can't come soon enough for me to get in there again. My webcam will stay on until 3:30am, so I have most of the time covered :) One of my friends turned the incubator for me so that I could see the lone egg after the other one hatched. No pressure, little guy!

The video is awesome! I am sure you will love it :)

I just noticed how much yellow this little guy has!
Yes some of them have more of it, some of them are more black.. So cute. I have two barred rock girls in my existing flock, good egg layers, calm birds. Eye candy with the stripes. The first one that hatched of mine is from my barred rock girl by my Ameraucana rooster.
I have the brooder in my dining room. Everytime someone puts the hall light on, they go chirping mad! lol They head out to the barn as soon as this 2 day cold spell breaks. What kind of brooder heat are you using? Red heat lamp?

So cute!

Yep we have a red heat lamp :) I will post more pictures once they're out of the incubator

Woke up to the last little egg hatched on Day 22!!

Not sure he is doing well though. He isn't jumping up and trying to stand like the other did... will keep you posted

How are yours dong Raychel?

MB

Awe yay! That sounds like my last little guy that hatched at 4:30 yesterday. He seems to be having difficulties on one leg...he runs really quick then flops over. Hoping he's just growing into it since he is hte youngest?

My last egg I don't think will hatch. It looks like there is a blood ring around the air sac :( It wasn't there on Friday. It's sad :(

Judging by those pictures, too, I think I have one male and three females! The legs, the head spot...well, none of the potential females have one. The females have darker legs, but some of their "toes" are really light??? Weird critters.

The male was the first to hatch and is running around like a crazy creature. All I see is a yellow bum all the time running around! He loves hands, too....I can put my hand anywhere and he comes a'runnin'. The little one that I was worried about is coming around. She is less wobbly :) <3

In...love....

Back
Top Bottom