Day old chick cannot walk, falls on side

Not sure if you can see this but I made a sock chair with food and water. Anyone ever have luck with this? Getting desperate...

He strong. He is pushing but can't quite get out. I figure maybe the pushing will give exercise to his legs. He struggles with me when I try to feed/water him. I'm afraid I'm gonna cause him to aspirate. Maybe this way he will eat/drink on his own. He's sleeping right now.

I had a chick like this I kept in a coffee cup off and on for its first few days, the key was for it to be narrow enough to help keep the chicks legs straight. Made it back to strength and live for a good couple months but was always noticably weeker. However the strain of the heat of summer was to much for her. Nutridrench was my best friend then and still is for all my new birds.
Best of luck with the rest of your chicks. Sounds like you care for them all very much.
Attimus

Contacted 2 feed stores near hear. Neither carry it. I'm using pedialite right now.

I really hope somebody sees this and might be able to give me some insight. I now have a third chick that is no longer able to walk. It had previously been doing just fine, walking around eating and drinking. Any ideas?! I'm getting very desperate!

They came from a friend of mine. They are really good with their chickens and as far as we know the birds are all healthy. I actually just acquired his rooster yesterday. But all of his laying hens are healthy. He regularly hatches out his eggs and never has a problem.

Well that sorta rules out parent stock. Not completely, but somewhat.

How did you determine how much poly vi sol? I'm just trying to throw out thoughts...

Back
Top Bottom