Day old chick don’t like starter any advice?

Aww, she must be a little lonely. As long as she’s energetic, and content, doing what a chick should be doing, I wouldn’t worry too much about the crop. My last two really didn’t have much of a crop until one week in, but boy were they an energetic duo. I was initially worried as well, but since they acted so healthy, I decided to let it be. They became little piggies one week in, i rarely saw them without a huuuuuge bulging crop :lol:
hoping to get some siblings to play with her soon, she doesn't seem weak or anything. and she would be content as long as i don't go to the bathroom and get out of her sight. I gave her a plushie that she uses as a ramp to jump out of the brooder which i changed. boy is she good at parkour.

Yay!!:celebrate That’s exciting!! You should post some pictures after they hatch!😁
One of the chicks has hatched this morning which i think is a polish (it was a bonus egg from the breeder). The breeder has sebrights, cochins, polish, modern game, and cemani. One of the other eggs are pipping too!
605C8085-CF8C-40C9-9589-50F6BD6BA029.jpeg

Exited for another polish, lost my old girl a while back which was the same colour. :celebrate

Attachments

• B03C1B41-A526-4346-A3F3-87609888E4CD.jpeg
    B03C1B41-A526-4346-A3F3-87609888E4CD.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 3
One of the chicks has hatched this morning which i think is a polish (it was a bonus egg from the breeder). The breeder has sebrights, cochins, polish, modern game, and cemani. One of the other eggs are pipping too!
View attachment 2802151
Exited for another polish, lost my old girl a while back which was the same colour. :celebrate
YAY!!😆 Thanks for letting me know! New chicks are SO exciting!😊 She finally has a friend!!😁 Polishes are actually my favorite breed! Is she is pure or mixed?😉 Hope your others hatch safely!!☺️

YAY!!😆 Thanks for letting me know! New chicks are SO exciting!😊 She finally has a friend!!😁 Polishes are actually my favorite breed! Is she is pure or mixed?😉 Hope your others hatch safely!!☺️
the seller did not have the different breeds together so this should be a pure something. she does not look like the polish chicks ive had with giant bumps but i havent had a lot of them either. they are also one of my favorite breeds my last polish is now the oldest chicken in my flock and still the sweetest (i take her to schools and events for sort of a show and tell and she might also get pets). I love the polish you have in your profile! :love
if this chick is not a polish maybe a large sebright? it came from a very large egg and the chick is size of my polish chicks i had. Have you ever had a polish with a small crest? my guess now goes towards a giant sebright chick from the lack of bump and a flat looking comb. nonetheless im happy to add any new breed to the flock!
The other chick is now zipping and the third egg is now pipping a bit!

the seller did not have the different breeds together so this should be a pure something. she does not look like the polish chicks ive had with giant bumps but i havent had a lot of them either. they are also one of my favorite breeds my last polish is now the oldest chicken in my flock and still the sweetest (i take her to schools and events for sort of a show and tell and she might also get pets). I love the polish you have in your profile! :love
if this chick is not a polish maybe a large sebright? it came from a very large egg and the chick is size of my polish chicks i had. Have you ever had a polish with a small crest? my guess now goes towards a giant sebright chick from the lack of bump and a flat looking comb. nonetheless im happy to add any new breed to the flock!
The other chick is now zipping and the third egg is now pipping a bit!
Aww yeah they are just so sweet!😁 Thank you!❤️ That’s my Baby Margo she unfortunately died about three months ago!😞 But she is still my most favorite chicken!😉 Yeah I’m not quite sure? Maybe wait until it’s dried up a bit?😉 Yeah I have one that has a pretty small crest but she still had a bump as a baby!☺️ Yes new additions are always fun!!😁 So exciting!!!!😆😆

My Mushy (she’s the one with the smaller crest!😉)-
D844129A-9223-4917-A95F-1F57FF53C4FE.jpeg

Aww yeah they are just so sweet!😁 Thank you!❤️ That’s my Baby Margo she unfortunately died about three months ago!😞 But she is still my most favorite chicken!😉 Yeah I’m not quite sure? Maybe wait until it’s dried up a bit?😉 Yeah I have one that has a pretty small crest but she still had a bump as a baby!☺️ Yes new additions are always fun!!😁 So exciting!!!!😆😆

My Mushy (she’s the one with the smaller crest!😉)-View attachment 2802350
aw so sorry to hear that.. The sister of my remaining polish was also one of my favorite chickens, planning to get some polish hatching eggs when the time is right and if i have space.
All of them hatched this afternoon. I will be putting them in with the older chick tomorrow once they are walking better. To my surprise they ate right away. And they sure are attention seekers even with siblings. And now i got 4 peeping chicks when i go out of sight.
The all white one might have an eye problem with it’s left eye, rarely opening it. From inside the bator too.
The second chick, a light brahma (i think) is really active and keep stepping over its sleeping siblings. Im not sure if its a bit more dominant (not sure if they start this young) but it will peck the others if it wants a spot on my hands or to get them away and when eating. Not sure if its just curious but the others will scurry away.
The last chick looks like he has eyebrows
An update on the older one, shes eating lot more now. Im nervous with newly hatched chick and their first night since sometimes they just lay like they are lifeless. Hoping all goes well.
Here are some pics. (The brahma looks like she has a short beak because of the colouring and egg tooth.)
CFBD9A06-82C1-4517-B327-1C4748174817.jpeg
96311B97-8167-4E2E-BAAD-DCFFC3AE803B.jpeg
2D942CE7-022B-4E2C-99D3-8A9A0CD9ACE5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom