Day old chick identification?

punknchick

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2020
I am unsure if anyone can help me identify which chick is what breed. I know I ordered 2 Easter Eggers, 2 Green Queen Easter Eggers, and 2 assorted brown layers. There was no way of identifying them by bands and the packing list didn't specify which breeds the brown layers were. I am hoping that these pictures are clear enough. They were a day old and not the most cooperative little buggers. I think I might have an idea but just wanted confirmation. And while I am loving this stage, I cannot wait until they feather out so I can be sure who is what. Any help would be appreciated!

My thoughts are the ones that look like chipmunks are either Easter Eggers or an Easter Egger and a Welsummer (I think the lighter might be the EE and the darker one the Welsummer).

Chick C is yellow with a couple of black dots on her head. Maybe a Delaware?

B and D I think are the Green Queens. Possibly. Chick D is almost a bluish-grey color. Crappy lighting in the basement mixed with cell phone camera made her brown. B is a brown-ish color.

E is completely yellow.

I have a list of which breeds the brown layers could be if that would help. Just let me know. No one has 5 toes as far as I can tell. Chick D has feathered feet (which Light and Dark Brahmas can be one of the brown layer assortment... but Easter Eggers can also have feathered feet). So confusing. Can anyone help?

Also if you want to see a clearer pic of a certain chick just comment which one and I will see what I can do!

Attachments

• ChickABody.jpg
    ChickABody.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 24
  • ChickAFace.jpg
    ChickAFace.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 8
  • ChickBBody.jpg
    ChickBBody.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 7
  • ChickBFace.jpg
    ChickBFace.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 8
  • ChickBSideFace.jpg
    ChickBSideFace.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 7
  • ChickCBody.jpg
    ChickCBody.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 7
  • ChickCFace.jpg
    ChickCFace.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 7
  • ChickDBody.jpg
    ChickDBody.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 7
  • ChickDFace.jpg
    ChickDFace.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 7
  • ChickDSideFace.jpg
    ChickDSideFace.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 7
  • ChickEBody.jpg
    ChickEBody.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 7
  • ChickEFace.jpg
    ChickEFace.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 7
  • ChickESideFace.jpg
    ChickESideFace.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 7
  • ChickFBody.jpg
    ChickFBody.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 8
  • ChickFFace.jpg
    ChickFFace.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 9
Awesome! Thank you!!! I can't believe that I saw tiny feathers on their wings last night. They are going to be really pretty birds!

Back
Top Bottom