Day Old Chick Is Very Weak

Chickie6

Chirping
May 12, 2019
Hello

I'm not supposed to bring home any more chickens. I do enjoy looking at the variety at my local feed store. I was looking and one chick was just laying on her side, she looked small and she was all wet.

I asked the staff about her and they said some do not make it, it is nature. The lack of empathy really bothered me. She may not make it but she was very cold and being trampled the least they could do is put her in a warm dry less populated area and give her a chance.

So I bring home one sick weak chicken. Any advice would be great. I know she would be happier with a friend but that is just not an option and I don't know that she will make it.

She is warm now with a heat lamp. She has electrolyte water that I have to carefully dip her beak in as she is not drinking on her own. I have spread starter crumbles around her but she doesn't seem interested. I have tried to interest her in mash from the crumbles but not interested.

She is dry now and seems a little less shake, she is weakly standing now and not on her side. She chirps a little. Her poop is white with dark in it. Nothing else to note regarding the feces. She maybe has a slight click to her breathing as if congested but unclear if thats what I am hearing.

I have nutri drench, should I mix that up in a gallon of water or just give her a drop straight? I have corid liquid but I don't know that it is coccidia. I think if she can get some strength and get eating and drinking on her own she might have a chance so any experience or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
IMG_20210330_205220_351.jpg

Hello

I'm not supposed to bring home any more chickens. I do enjoy looking at the variety at my local feed store. I was looking and one chick was just laying on her side, she looked small and she was all wet.

I asked the staff about her and they said some do not make it, it is nature. The lack of empathy really bothered me. She may not make it but she was very cold and being trampled the least they could do is put her in a warm dry less populated area and give her a chance.

So I bring home one sick weak chicken. Any advice would be great. I know she would be happier with a friend but that is just not an option and I don't know that she will make it.

She is warm now with a heat lamp. She has electrolyte water that I have to carefully dip her beak in as she is not drinking on her own. I have spread starter crumbles around her but she doesn't seem interested. I have tried to interest her in mash from the crumbles but not interested.

She is dry now and seems a little less shake, she is weakly standing now and not on her side. She chirps a little. Her poop is white with dark in it. Nothing else to note regarding the feces. She maybe has a slight click to her breathing as if congested but unclear if thats what I am hearing.

I have nutri drench, should I mix that up in a gallon of water or just give her a drop straight? I have corid liquid but I don't know that it is coccidia. I think if she can get some strength and get eating and drinking on her own she might have a chance so any experience or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!View attachment 2592610
I would use the nutra drench

Back
Top Bottom