Day old chick unable to stand?

mrstillery09

Chirping
11 Years
Feb 9, 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
Got a delivery of chicks this morning and everyone had been doing great but when I went to check one was laid out oddly. It wants to keep its eyes shut, and flops over when it tries to walk. It kind of leans to one side sitting down and seems fairly weak. I think it was fine earlier, made sure they all drank. Any ideas on what could be wrong or what to do? It's legs seem ok to me.

Got a delivery of chicks this morning and everyone had been doing great but when I went to check one was laid out oddly. It wants to keep its eyes shut, and flops over when it tries to walk. It kind of leans to one side sitting down and seems fairly weak. I think it was fine earlier, made sure they all drank. Any ideas on what could be wrong or what to do? It's legs seem ok to me.

Sounds weak so have you put any ACV in the water ??????

If you can get them to eat a mashed up hard boiled egg try that just to give that extra boost as the trip may have given them Jet Lag ........

Mine seemed pretty weak and wobbly too...as soon as she ate, rested and drank she was fine. I think jet lag too...hope she perks up!

Back
Top Bottom