Day old duckling poor neck control.

NimsHouseGarden

Chirping
Mar 21, 2023
I hatched 4 Indian runner ducklings yesterday. The last one hatched a little puny. It had a hard time balancing upright in the incubator so I left it overnight so we could have a little more time by itself. This morning it was still having a hard time with its balance in mobility. I read another post about The possibility of ducklings being born with wry neck, so I gave it some nutridrench this morning, and some water this evening.

Anything else I should do? I don't want it to starve to death. Is it wry neck or a neurological defect? Would culling be kinder?

I hatched 4 Indian runner ducklings yesterday. The last one hatched a little puny. It had a hard time balancing upright in the incubator so I left it overnight so we could have a little more time by itself. This morning it was still having a hard time with its balance in mobility. I read another post about The possibility of ducklings being born with wry neck, so I gave it some nutridrench this morning, and some water this evening.

Anything else I should do? I don't want it to starve to death. Is it wry neck or a neurological defect? Would culling be kinder?

Back
Top Bottom