Day old duckling unable to stand

Hi thank you for asking about our little duck. She sadly passed away the night before last. It definitely wasn’t splayed leg, seemed more like a brain coordination thing rather than an actually leg issue. I had come to a realization that she may not get any better so I wanted to give her some happiness and comfort. I left her in the brooder with her friend so they could snuggle and she passed that night. I’m so glad it she wasn’t alone or locked in a mug/box/sock. Thank you all so much for your help. we have some baby ducks being delivered by the end of the week so our only duckling won’t be alone for long. I have a mirror in with her and made her some little sock buddies to snuggle with, she seems to be doing ok.

Sorry the little one didn't make it. Sometimes there's nothing we can do. Know that you tried to help as best you could, and gave her as much care and love as she would want, to her last breath.

Hi thank you for asking about our little duck. She sadly passed away the night before last. It definitely wasn’t splayed leg, seemed more like a brain coordination thing rather than an actually leg issue. I had come to a realization that she may not get any better so I wanted to give her some happiness and comfort. I left her in the brooder with her friend so they could snuggle and she passed that night. I’m so glad it she wasn’t alone or locked in a mug/box/sock. Thank you all so much for your help. we have some baby ducks being delivered by the end of the week so our only duckling won’t be alone for long. I have a mirror in with her and made her some little sock buddies to snuggle with, she seems to be doing ok.
I’m so sorry for your loss. How heartbreaking 💔
I have a 10 hour old duckling that can’t stand. I believe it’s splayed leg, she’s not kicking or on her back, just scooting, she can’t bear weight on her legs.
I’m a wreck!

Have you thought of hobbles? are you giving any nutri drench or poultry cell?
How are the feet? normal, toes normal?
How is the little one today?
Was this an assisted hatch? they take longer to get their legs under them.

Have you thought of hobbles? are you giving any nutri drench or poultry cell?
How are the feet? normal, toes normal?
How is the little one today?
Was this an assisted hatch? they take longer to get their legs under them.
Good morning,

I wasn’t sure if you’re question was meant for me or the woman that lost her duckling.
I’m assuming it’s for me! ❤️ (I hope!)
I don’t know what “hobbles” are, I’ll have to research it, I’m only giving her save a chick electrolytes because she was dehydrated I think. I’m stopping that today.

I’m going to have to go to Truck and Tractor Supply if you suggest nutri drench or poultry cell.
Her toes look normal but are squeezed together.
She eating, drinking and pooping nicely as well.
I’ll send you pictures 💕💕💕💕

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    425.5 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    386.1 KB · Views: 1
What a precious lil one. You could try shoes for your duckling so the feet they flat.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/
I wouldn’t worry about food and water too much they live off the yolk for a good 24/36 hrs so they aren’t really that hungry I mean keep it in the brooder but don’t force. Look up poultry pedia they show how to hobble but is the duckling showing splay leg or just not able to get on it’s legs yet?

What a precious lil one. You could try shoes for your duckling so the feet they flat.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/
I wouldn’t worry about food and water too much they live off the yolk for a good 24/36 hrs so they aren’t really that hungry I mean keep it in the brooder but don’t force. Look up poultry pedia they show how to hobble but is the duckling showing splay leg or just not able to get on it’s legs yet?
She’s not showing splay legs, she just hobbles. I was told to give her Nutra Drench and of course I ran out and got some. I just can’t figure out how much to give her because we don’t have a gallon jug to mix the whole bottle in.
I’ve been searching everywhere and I can’t find out the correct dosage.
I don’t have a scale and I don’t know how much she weighs either.
I heard it works wonders because she needs Niacin.
She’s definitely eating, drinking and pooping, but boy, does she CRY when she’s not being held! Ugh, she’s got a set of lungs on her!

But she is actually doing better! I just put her on the floor to see how she was walking and she’s doing better and her feet are straightening out as well! 🥰

I’m going to make the shoe as soon as I finish cleaning out the other brooder.
I’m worried because I know ducks are never supposed to be alone, I heard it can actually kill them!!

Blessings to you my friend. 🙏

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    487.1 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    580.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg