Day old duckling with wry neck

How long has the boots been on?  Looks like she can stand which I would say she probably doesn't need them any more..

It had only been on for half a day, and her foot curled as soon as the boot came off during her bath, so we put it back on overnight. She is running all around with it on now, so I'm going to take it off here in a bit and reevaluate. The bath seems to have done the trick. Her eyes look normal, and I think she can close them. It's hard to tell cuz they have so much energy and never sleep! lol, they are eating and drinking just fine now. I'm going to keep up on the polysolvil for a couple days just in case but I'm crossing my fingers and cautiously saying that they're each okay now. Thank you all so much for your help! I will update once I evaluate her foot again in a bit. My spirits are so much higher now :)

Oh and my husband sprained his foot in two places, and his foot looks like a swollen tomato lol, but no breaks. He will be just fine :) thanks for your concern!

It had only been on for half a day, and her foot curled as soon as the boot came off during her bath, so we put it back on overnight. She is running all around with it on now, so I'm going to take it off here in a bit and reevaluate. The bath seems to have done the trick. Her eyes look normal, and I think she can close them. It's hard to tell cuz they have so much energy and never sleep! lol, they are eating and drinking just fine now. I'm going to keep up on the polysolvil for a couple days just in case but I'm crossing my fingers and cautiously saying that they're each okay now. Thank you all so much for your help! I will update once I evaluate her foot again in a bit. My spirits are so much higher now
smile.png

Oh and my husband sprained his foot in two places, and his foot looks like a swollen tomato lol, but no breaks. He will be just fine
smile.png
thanks for your concern!
That is a great report on the 2 little ducklings hope this time she doesn't need the shoe..

Good news about Hubby too at least this won't take as long to heal as a break.

It had only been on for half a day, and her foot curled as soon as the boot came off during her bath, so we put it back on overnight. She is running all around with it on now, so I'm going to take it off here in a bit and reevaluate. The bath seems to have done the trick. Her eyes look normal, and I think she can close them. It's hard to tell cuz they have so much energy and never sleep! lol, they are eating and drinking just fine now. I'm going to keep up on the polysolvil for a couple days just in case but I'm crossing my fingers and cautiously saying that they're each okay now. Thank you all so much for your help! I will update once I evaluate her foot again in a bit. My spirits are so much higher now
smile.png

Oh and my husband sprained his foot in two places, and his foot looks like a swollen tomato lol, but no breaks. He will be just fine
smile.png
thanks for your concern!
OMG, how did your husband sprain his leg??

Only a half a day, awee, yeh 24 hours should do the trick. Are you giving her any naicin?

OMG, how did your husband sprain his leg??

Only a half a day, awee, yeh 24 hours should do the trick.  Are you giving her any naicin?

Ahhh such happy news! I haven't seen Dickie flip backwards once today, and snowflake can close her eyes and doesn't need the boot anymore! 24hrs did the trick for sure! And yes they are getting Brewers yeast in their food, sav-a-chick electrolyte and probiotic supplement in heir water and poly-sol-vil by eye dropper for the next day or two. I just took her boot off and it's mostly straight. I think it will straighten the rest out on its own. I feel like I finally have two happy, healthy chicks. They are still a little sniffly so il be adding apple cider vinegar to their water as well. They just love snuggling into my neck lol. Thanks for all the help, everyone. Many updates and pictures to follow, I promise!

My husband hurt his ankle tripping in a hidden hole in the ground during his weekly firefighter training. Luckily, the department is covering the medical bills.

It was her right foot we wrapped.

The duckling foot looks great. So happy and relieved to hear they have both come so far in such a short time .yay for Dickie..Look forward to all the pics and updates you want to give Big hug to you all.

Ahhh such happy news! I haven't seen Dickie flip backwards once today, and snowflake can close her eyes and doesn't need the boot anymore! 24hrs did the trick for sure! And yes they are getting Brewers yeast in their food, sav-a-chick electrolyte and probiotic supplement in heir water and poly-sol-vil by eye dropper for the next day or two. I just took her boot off and it's mostly straight. I think it will straighten the rest out on its own. I feel like I finally have two happy, healthy chicks. They are still a little sniffly so il be adding apple cider vinegar to their water as well. They just love snuggling into my neck lol. Thanks for all the help, everyone. Many updates and pictures to follow, I promise!

My husband hurt his ankle tripping in a hidden hole in the ground during his weekly firefighter training. Luckily, the department is covering the medical bills.

It was her right foot we wrapped.
Looks good, I do see the one still turned a little. Perhaps now that she can use it it will get stronger and correct itself, if not LOL, she'll have a curly toe.

Looks good, I do see the one still turned a little.  Perhaps now that she can use it it will get stronger and correct itself, if not LOL, she'll have a curly toe.

That's what I'm hoping. I noticed she's a little duck-footed (haha!), and I'll watch closely for changes, but for now I'm going to try and let it correct itself. I'm just happy her toes are splayed and she can stand and run. That was the worst case of curled foot I've seen yet (mind you I've only raised ducks for a year so I'm not that experienced). She was in the egg a very long time, it was a difficult hatch so I'm not surprised. But now everyone is good so far, they're little brats already :) thank you all again!

That's what I'm hoping. I noticed she's a little duck-footed (haha!), and I'll watch closely for changes, but for now I'm going to try and let it correct itself. I'm just happy her toes are splayed and she can stand and run. That was the worst case of curled foot I've seen yet (mind you I've only raised ducks for a year so I'm not that experienced). She was in the egg a very long time, it was a difficult hatch so I'm not surprised. But now everyone is good so far, they're little brats already
smile.png
thank you all again!
lol.png
Doesn't take the long.More pics when you can.. we love seeing the lil brats[ducklings]
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom