DAY OLD PICS! post #225. 12 hatched!

I'm checking in for more news too, lol.
I hope you get some sleep tonight. Thats probably impossible.... I'll be sleepless in a few weeks too. I'm expecting 3 pkgs of eggs anyday now.

No pips yet, just starting day 20.

Temp is 100.8 Humidity is at 63%.

It's a little bothersome to me that for the first 18 days, the temp was right at 99.5 but now without the turner it there it's gone up a bit. Guess we'll watch, wait and see what happens.

Hour 6 of day 20. Woke up to check humidity.

It was right at 60% so I added a tiny bit of water through the tube. Temp still 100.8 .

Examined all the eggs through the window.

Leghorn egg#2 HAS A TINY PIP!!!!

It's just the tiniest protrusion outward, but it wasn't there last night and it's there this morning!

I'm not telling my kids, I want them to "discover" it for themselves. (that way if it doesn't progress there won't be as much disappointment)

Last edited:
thumbsup.gif

Thats awesome!
Sheesh, waiting for your eggs to hatch is as bad as waiting for mine lol. I think it's because i bought my 1st bator a few weeks before you did. My first hatch was horrible, so I'm trying to live vicariously through you now LOL.
I'm setting eggs from Pips&peeps tonight. She sent some absolutely beautiful eggs! I even got a B/B/S egg and 2 lav project eggs! I'm so excited! Hatch #2 will soon be under way. WOO HOO!

Go chickies, GO!

Hello fellow hatchaholics!

7 pips, 1 3/4 zipped!

The pips 3 leghorns... the one from early this morning has not progressed at all.
3 ameraucanas... one to go!
1 cuckoo maran.... two to go!

The zip...1 speckled sussex and it is a noisy little peeper. Looks to me like all it would have to do is lift up a little and the top would crack off, but he would peck and peep and peck and peep and then he'd get tired and stop for a bit.

I'm worried about the pips without the zip, but I guess I've got to give them time.

Temp is at 100.1 Humidity is at 63.

So when I get home at 4PM I'm hoping I have 1 out... and it's just day 20.

None of the Salmon Faverolles have pipped.

Last edited:
OH, gosh - wish I'd seen your post about the temp going up earlier; it always does that when they begin to pip. Temp and humidity goes up. It's ALWAYS a good sign! How neat! BEST of luck - good hatch vibes comin' your way!

Oh, I just LOVE to hear reports of hatching!

Last hatch, my first to pip didn't even begin zipping until 26 hours LATER!

Thanks Wynette, that gives me hope!

Now my wife is shaking her head sayin', "And what are you going to do with all of these chickens!!???"

But I know she was in the family room checkin' out the bator... I'll convert her yet... she loves the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom