DAY OLD PICS! post #225. 12 hatched!

Quote:
I slept from 11 to 1:30
and from 4: to 6.

I'm tired, but mostly it's because I can't breath. Nose clogged. Been to many doctors, no one can fix me. I recently heard of another here in town that uses radio waves to open up sinus'.

I'll go home in about 20 minutes and try and take a little nap... then back for 4 more patients and home to get the brooder ready.

BTW

With the Golden Cuckoo Marans the males have yellow on their necks. It's dark everywhere else. DW says another one was hatching. Hopefully it will be a pullet!!

Cockerel on the left, pullet on the right.

Chicks017.jpg

YEEHAW!!!

I've got TWO PULLETS!!!

So here is the tally.

4 W/BW Ameraucanas... they just melt my heart. I'm fairly certain I've got two roos and two pullets... DS#4 wants at least one roo, of course I'd be happy with all pullets.

3 Leghorns... one has a leg deformity, ... I don't know if it's going to make it... it's abdomen is just huge!

2 Cuckoo Maran's pullets! That just made my WEEK!

1 Speckled Sussex

2 leghorns pipped... one appears to be attempting to zip.

1 SS nothing
1 maran nothing
2 leghorns nothing
6 faveroles nothing YET... I'm being positive... I'm hoping for day 22 hatchers!!!

Nothing yet.

Day 22 starts at 11:45PM... I'm keeping the faith, don't they have an extra toe?

I'm thinking an extra 24 hours for an extra toe, right?

Quote:
I feel your pain. I recieved eggs(7 of them) on Jan 28th and put them under my broody hen around 4:30 in the afternoon. So I counted the next day as Day 1, so twenty-one days later would have been the 18th. I only had one hatch that day and one pip. Its day 23 and I only have 4 chicks(lost one egg early on) and nothing from the other two.
hmm.png
One I can barely see a air pocket on and the other one looks like its suppose to be. So
idunno.gif
I hope I get all 6 to hatch and mostly pullets. My eggs are from Melissa as well.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom