Day old spring chicken order, Check out my choices!

Thunder Bay Chicken

Songster
9 Years
Oct 21, 2010
North of Thunder Bay
Well here is my spring order... MIN order is 4 of each, So that is what I'm getting! All pullets. Delivery end of April! UPDATED ADDED MORE BIRDS
D.gif

Rocks-barred-white-partridge-buff

Orpington-buff

Sussex -speckled

Jersey Giants-black

Wyandotte-silver-gold-columbian-partridge

Rhode Island Red

New Hampshire Red

Dominique

Buckeye

Australorp

Welsummer

Barnevelder

Delaware

I could end up with a few more birds then I originally wanted, however I feel to be able to get the variety of some birds and all the different breeds it will be absolutely worth it! There is also a good chance some might not make it... either growing up or during shipping, some could be roos and I'm sure to eat a few, so I think I got my bases covered by getting extra.

My priorities are I want a fair sized (50-60 birds) multi coloured flock, of large beautiful birds, that lay a decent amount of brown eggs.

I'm really excitied about this new hobby/ new lifestyle!

Last edited:
Quote:
I would have to agree!

I live on 47+ acres in Northern Ontario Canada, with my wife and dogs!

70230_scan0001.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For years my wife and I talked about a hobby farm.

We thought chickens would be a great start! so we decided to just do it!

I thought about chicken keeping before while living in other places but never had the land or the truly rural location to do it.

While I'm inexperienced with birds, I'm game to give just about anything in life a try... at least ONCE. Worse thing that can happen is I fail at something or dislike it.

I have high hopes for this new experience, so WISH US LUCK!

My wife is not as brave and recently thought maybe we should just get some (started birds) 20 week old red or black layers, but I thought I would be missing out on the many experiences that come from babies... and the variety of breeds.

While I do research things, I like to learn hands on as I go. I'm sure from this assortment I will get a very good idea of the birds I like and dislike... I read as much as I could find on the breeds here and in books and mags but there is nothing like owning, living and working with something to truly know and understand what it is like.

ok, i'm jealous now!!! wow! i'm happy for you guys!!! beautiful place and nice assortment of girls! i'm getting a BJG this spring and i can't wait!!! i'm illegal, so you KNOW i'm jealous!! LOL!!!

Quote:
Well I have this 22x14 building on the property... it's about 75 feet or so from the main house.

70230_p1050538.jpg

It needs work but figured it's a good starting point for a coop! so while the SNOW is melting and chicks are GROWING (MARCH TO MAY) I have the time to convert it and do any repairs!

EDIT that picture was in Oct of last year... I had already gutted the interior while my wife was down south visiting her sisters!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom