Day One Of NEw Chicken coop! & Intro

So, how much you planning to spend on your coop? Was just wonder how much it would all cost and maybe you could get me some measurmants of what kinda wood you used and the lengths of part on the coop just started (Like it is right now) like the top part where its slanted how long the square part is and the boards in the middle of it is all the legths and measurments we might just follow your design cause its looking pretty good and a little inexspensive. Give me all the info cause well, I got 3, 3 week old silkies and 12 buff orp new borns on the way and there gonna need a home soon, my room is temperoralily the chicken house (Hopefully not for long). My DD said he is willing to build me a coop and just needed some plans so I was thinking maybe you could help me its hard finding plans on the internet cause I have been looking for 1 week and no luck yet...Amanda

Hi Amanda,

So far the only thing i spent on my coop is sweat! LOL. all the materials im using I got for free from a friend I have in construction. Im not really folowing any plans. Im kinda freestyling as i go so i can get the maximum usage out of the wood i have. I can tell you that the coop measures aprox. 8 feet in lenght and about 3' 3'' in with. I raised it 2' off the ground cause i plan on including this area in my run. From the floor to the highest point in the roof the coop it about 7 feet tall and from the floor to the lowest point in the roof is about 6' 5''. Im constantly changing my design as i go. trying to maxamize the use of materials i already have.(i.e. Old basment window.) Hope this somewhat helps. I will try to get you better dimensions as i go along. -Dom
smile.png

can you make a digram where it shows, the outside part that you have right now with all the peices...and then arrows from the parts of the wood woth the measurments. Not the whole thing just the outer peices that you have shown in the pictures you posted.

Back
Top Bottom