Days 15 & 8 in Staggered Hatch...Started with 73 Eggs..and now...

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
62 eggs are still in the running, but 2 seem clear and will probably be removed at next candling. All except 14 originally were shipped eggs from several sources.

Currently on Day 15

Welsummers, orignally 16....15 still going strong (Mothergoose)
Rhode Isl Reds, originally 12...11 still going strong(BamaChicken)
Buff Orpingtons, originally 8...5 still going strong (BamaChicken)
Ameraucanas, originally 6.....6 still going strong (HenHaven)
Splash Orpington, originally 1..and still developing(BamaChicken)
Blue Orpingtons, originally 8 (mine)...7 developing
Barred Rocks, originally 5 (mine) .......4 developing

Currently on Day 8

Buff Orpingtons
from Jody, originally 16....12 still in bator, but 2 will seem clear and will most likely be removed. 10 are growing well after three days shipping and a detour thru NJ.

Blue Orpington (mine) one of Velvet's that had a minor crack at the aircell end I didnt want to mail to a customer, developing just fine.

Last edited:
ya.gif
hope you get what you want and need
fl.gif

Oh, Angie, that can't happen since they're not MY eggs, LOL. I did want to mention that the eggs I removed from Jody's Buff Orps on Day 7 were clear/infertile or stopped development at the beginning, i.e., no signs of development. None had blood rings at all and I think that's amazing, considering they took an extra day to get here than they should have and went from PA to NJ to Atlanta then up to me! Since she sent 4 extras, I'm still counting on 10 chicks from the original dozen I ordered at this point, not too bad, huh?
This is the second time I've incubated six Ameraucana eggs sent from California by my good pal, HenHaven. The first time, they were from her own birds and this time, they are from another friend's birds with her packing and shipping them to me. The first time, five of six hatched. This time, all six are still in the running at 15 days in, so distance really isn't the issue with shipping, IMO.

I have 16 of Jody's orps going right now. I am tickled pink to have them. My hands itch waiting for the night I can first candle them!

Back
Top Bottom