Days in a row laying?

wild chick

Songster
7 Years
Jul 23, 2016
Southern NM mountains @ 6400'
I know there is probably some world record of 300 days in a row or something, but I'm impressed with my little Ancona pullet laying 15 days straight now, one of which was a huge double yolk. Probably jinxing by posting this, but I feel like she needs a day's rest! She's my only white egg layer, so I have no doubt when I see her egg. Picture is at about 5 months old, before she started laying.

fullsizeoutput_e93.jpeg

What a beauty! Did she go through a molt this winter??

No, she's a pullet, hatched June of 2018, so now about 9 months old. She's a hard luck story: had a broken leg at 3 months, had some kind of illness/yellow diarrhea that I *think* was related to egg production which happened about a month after she started laying. she didn't lay for 2 or 3 weeks, then started up again laying like a pullet 3 - 4 a week, then more and more. Her last "day off" was Feb 24th. All her hard luck stories can be found here on BYC under my threads. I should string them together in a book! Tough as a boot, I love her!

Isn't that a Speckled Sussex?
No, LOL, at least I don't think so. She was purchased as an Ancona (hatchery), yellow legs & white eggs, so I think that would be the deciding factor. Plus she's small, and I thought Sussex were more like a dual purpose shape. She can run 90 mph (well, just seems like it) and flies to the rafters of the coop every night.

No, LOL, at least I don't think so. She was purchased as an Ancona (hatchery), yellow legs & white eggs, so I think that would be the deciding factor. Plus she's small, and I thought Sussex were more like a dual purpose shape. She can run 90 mph (well, just seems like it) and flies to the rafters of the coop every night.
:idunno... @MagpieDucks will know.

Back
Top Bottom