Daytime outside?

chicksandkids

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 12, 2012
I have 2 week olds from TSC. it is going to be beautiful and warm outside the next few days here in southern Ohio. Would it be ok to bring them out in the yard for a few hours during the day?

I don't see why not but I wouldn't leave them unattended. I'm assuming you don't have any dogs that might be a problem. A dog can do a lot of damage quickly even if you're right there.

Our dog isnt a threat, but the neighbor next door has a problematic dog, so I will definitely only have them outside when I'm outside with them. I just have some weeding to do in my gardens and thought maybe my girls would like to enjoy the sunshine alongside me. They're getting a little testy in the brooder so I just was curious if they could hang out in the yard for a bit, good to know they can have a bit of a field trip!

I took my chicks out in the backyard today. One jumped right up on my Bassett Hound's back for a piggyback ride!

By 2 weeks old I take mine outside once in awhile on warm days if the wind is not blowing. They love it. Keep a close eye on them to make sure they are not getting too cold. Before I take mine outside for the first time I make sure that I have chick grit available in their brooder to grind up any plant material or bugs they may eat.

I'm in Columbus and mine are just over 2 weeks and they are outside daily. Even today, LOL, put them out when the rain passed just for it to pour down and I had to pop up a patio umbrella to keep the rain off of them.

Back
Top Bottom