Dayton, Ohio Fancy Feathers Club Show - Who's gone? How is it?

Pullet Pimp

Songster
11 Years
Jul 1, 2008
Ohio
I saw a listing for the Dayton Fancy Feathers show which is April 25-26, 2009 and was wondering if anyone has gone? How many birds can I expect? What types (I assume 'fancy feathers' it would be Silkies, polish, and others of the like) but want to be sure? Is is worth a 2 1/2 hour one way drive?

I tried to find a link of past shows but no luck. If you got one feel free to include that too.

Thanks

Quote:
Hi, we went last year, a 2 1/2 hour drive for us as well. We went on Sunday, got there about 10 am, and most people were packing if not already packed and gone. Sooo, the day to go is Saturday. I believe it is all recognized breeds, not just the "fancy" ones. It looked like a good show from what we could see in the aftermath. Never did find a website either, but there is a phone number on this link http://poultryb.dot5hosting.com/upcomingshows.html

Hi guys, this is actually a good show. some years they have lots of birds for sale that are good (show) quality. Of course you need to know what your looking for. do your research, look up the breed and find out all you can before buying. For the most part my girls have had good luck with buying from honest breeders but, like every thing there are those out there just wanting to make a buck. And don't be afraid to ask questions. So be careful. They have a good showmanship contest for the children. We have always enjoyed this show and look forward to it. 4-25-09.
And yes, be there early on Sat. we get there around 8 or 9. When I see the word "fancy" in relation to chicks I just assume they are "pure breed" thats what 4-H calls the show birds.

Whos going to the Greenville (Dayton Fancy Feathers Show) ? I am looking for some 4-H birds (NO hatchery stuff) for some kids just getting started. And a really nice black tailed jap. for daughter.
saturday 25th at Darke Co. fairgrounds. If your going to buy, get there late, so I can pick the good stuff lol
dk

Back
Top Bottom