De-wormer for chickens

EvaRay1525

Songster
Oct 12, 2020
I have 14 chickens ages 5 days old-1 year old and I noticed in one of their stools there was a worm and the poo was diarrhea. is this a good dewormer for them to use? also what should I do to prevent them from getting worms again?

Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 7.26.35 PM.png

That's not a dewormer. It's a homeopathic health supplement. You need a real dewormer like Safeguard or ivermectin. If you post a pic of the worm people can help you identify which dewormer to use.

That's not a dewormer. It's a homeopathic health supplement. You need a real dewormer like Safeguard or ivermectin. If you post a pic of the worm people can help you identify which dewormer to use.
Something like this? I am new to chickens and this is my first time dealing with worms. as for the worm I sprayed it with bleach lol, I don't remember what it exactly looked like but it was long, skinny and brown.
Screen Shot 2021-07-25 at 10.12.38 PM.png

Something like this? I am new to chickens and this is my first time dealing with worms. as for the worm I sprayed it with bleach lol, I don't remember what it exactly looked like but it was long, skinny and brown. View attachment 2773741
Yes that safeguard is good. Here is info about dosage https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/safeguard-mash-zero-day-egg-withdrawal.1254653/

I think it is a roundworm that you saw but I'm not 100% sure. Bleach will kill it. Last time my chicken pooped out a worm I dumped a bottle of tabasco sauce on it because it's all I could find in a hurry lol

Back
Top Bottom