De worming chickens

Also for those that worm with DE how much per bird and again how often do you worm?

What worries me about that is is contains both calcuim and calcuim carbonate. Calcium should only be offered free choice, and could be harmful if not . I think there adding too much calcuim in this product, and it would do more harm then good. Plus its 19 $ plus shipping ! Wazine would be cheaper than that. And plus it is proven. Which brings us to DE. There is No scientific proof that DE Actually is effective in worming chickens. Which is why its good as a preventative, but not as a trusted wormer. Which is why when you re-worm invermectin pour on is a great choice.
I use it for all my birds.
As far as how much to use it i do it every 6 months.But thats because i show and mine are in contact with other birds. But if you depend on the eggs, i would do it once a year. You have to wait 14 Days before you eat the eggs on both products.

Here is a great article on calcuim: http://www.backyardpoultrymag.com/issues/5/5-4/calcium_should_only_be_offered_free-choice.html

Goodluck
thumbsup.gif

Mark

DE is useless as a worm preventative because it gets wet in the chickens innards, ask any vet about using DE as a wormer. Red pepper flakes might be a preventative, but not a treatment for an infestation.

Quote:
I agree. , there just not Proven , so no-one really knows how effective they are. I think there effective little of the times.

Quote:
I have no confidence at all in DE and I think those who claim success with it have never had a problem to begin with. The cayenne pepper that Caroline is talking about is excellent. It doesn`t kill the worms, but they make a hasty retreat. Chickens don`t have the heat resceptors like other animals. They eat it like candy. Worms, on the other hand, heh, heh. Look at it this way, pepper in the front, worms run out the back.. It doesn`t hinder egg consumption as does Ivermec, either. It`s natural...........Pop

Back
Top Bottom