De-Worming Product Recommendations

I only have 3 ducks right now, is there an egg withdrawal period for Molly’s? I might order it then for use and safeguard (keep this just to have it stocked in case I see actual wormy droppings).

What do you usually dose for safeguard? Do you just drench it over a treat?
The safe guard I give orally to each bird the herbal I mix in their feed one is a monthly for 3 days they other which is labeled 2 is weekly over feed but only 1 time instead of3 days. The safe guard you dose by weight of each bird.
When I use safeguard I don’t worm my waterfowl. They only get the herbal because everyone eats together.

I only have 3 ducks right now, is there an egg withdrawal period for Molly’s? I might order it then for use and safeguard (keep this just to have it stocked in case I see actual wormy droppings).

What do you usually dose for safeguard? Do you just drench it over a treat?
No egg withdrawal period for Molly’s as it’s an herbal treatment.

Thanks for the info, my gals only get 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes in their daily fold ration a day. I know DE is controversial. But we use food grade and safe handling procedures - our girls are not around when we are putting in in food ( 2% of the total feed weight in DE) and we ourself wear masks until it settles. We’re careful to buy only food grade as it’s amorphous silica with a 1% or less crystalline silica(this is the kind that sticks to lungs when breathed in- for people too). The DE is more for external pest avoidance measures.
It's doesn't work for external pests either, and as most feeds already contain 2% de mixed in, adding more is not necessary.
I'm glad you're taking precautions but your animals are still putting their faces in it. :]

Back
Top Bottom