De-worming Schedule

I do hope it’s that easy. I never get out of there for less than $200/cat when I do take them there (inside cats). I’m expecting they’ll at least want me to pay for one initial exam per bird even if they just agree to do routine fecal tests from that point forward. I’ll update with info about that too though.

I don't know if there is a place to share this information, but I called Edgewood Animal Clinic in Lakeland, FL, listed on www.PoultryDVM.com. My family has used this vet for 35 years and although I never knew Dr. Lee sees chickens, he does!

$60 for the first bird and $30 for each after that per visit, and only need to bring in as many as I can handle. (I only have 4.) For parasite testing, they would just take samples from a couple birds and that would start around $45-$50.

I don't know if there is a place to share this information, but I called Edgewood Animal Clinic in Lakeland, FL, listed on www.PoultryDVM.com. My family has used this vet for 35 years and although I never knew Dr. Lee sees chickens, he does!

$60 for the first bird and $30 for each after that per visit, and only need to bring in as many as I can handle. (I only have 4.) For parasite testing, they would just take samples from a couple birds and that would start around $45-$50.
Save yourself some money. You would be better off collecting fresh fecal samples yourself and bringing the samples to the vet. Put ALL the samples in a ziplock bag, stir them up a little, then take it to your vet and have them do a fecal float test. They'll let you know what worms your birds have, if any.

If one bird has worms, most likely the others have them as well and it would be best to worm ALL your birds at the same time. Keep in mind that worm eggs are excreted onto the soil in feces. Then chickens pick them up again and the chickens become infected. This is called the Direct Lifecycle of roundworms, you can look it up on your computer. There are different types of roundworms that can infect worms.
Safeguard or Valbazen will take care of all types of roundworms.

Save yourself some money. You would be better off collecting fresh fecal samples yourself and bringing the samples to the vet. Put ALL the samples in a ziplock bag, stir them up a little, then take it to your vet and have them do a fecal float test. They'll let you know what worms your birds have, if any.

If one bird has worms, most likely the others have them as well and it would be best to worm ALL your birds at the same time. Keep in mind that worm eggs are excreted onto the soil in feces. Then chickens pick them up again and the chickens become infected. This is called the Direct Lifecycle of roundworms, you can look it up on your computer. There are different types of roundworms that can infect worms.
Safeguard or Valbazen will take care of all types of roundworms.
That will be the process once the flock members have been established as patients. They won’t just take a fecal sample from birds they have never seen before.

I don’t need any education on worm lifecycles, thanks.

That will be the process once the flock members have been established as patients. They won’t just take a fecal sample from birds they have never seen before.

I don’t need any education on worm lifecycles, thanks.
I was simply pointing out that your soil will be contaminated with worm eggs if one of your birds has worms.

Back
Top Bottom