Dead cat? No explanation?

I'm am so sorry to hear about this😢. We had a cat that just disappeared he didn't come home at night. It was very cold and a horrible snow storm was on the way. He went missing in December and we haven't seen him yet. I

I scanned over some responses but I did read your post. I know it is late, but maybe someone who needs to read this will. If in doubt, you can always reach out to a vet or college vet lab and see if anyone will perform a necropsy. In the state you found your baby, I'm not sure. But there are many MANY things that can cause an animal to pass. I am terribly sorry for your loss and I know it's so hard. Was there any chance of ingesting rat poison, antifreeze, odd chemicals about?

I scanned over some responses but I did read your post. I know it is late, but maybe someone who needs to read this will. If in doubt, you can always reach out to a vet or college vet lab and see if anyone will perform a necropsy. In the state you found your baby, I'm not sure. But there are many MANY things that can cause an animal to pass. I am terribly sorry for your loss and I know it's so hard. Was there any chance of ingesting rat poison, antifreeze, odd chemicals about?
He was already rotting when we found him. He had lots of maggots and his skin would fall off with one touch. There was no way to take him to the vet. it was hard to tell what happened to him.

Back
Top Bottom