Dead.Chicken acting lethargic

You don't have to force feed her at this stage, but it wouldn't hurt to mix her medicine with the right food. You could just do the straight dose in a water solution and give that to her down her throat. You don't want to just treat the water because she will not drink it soon enough.

You don't have to force feed her at this stage, but it wouldn't hurt to mix her medicine with the right food. You could just do the straight dose in a water solution and give that to her down her throat. You don't want to just treat the water because she will not drink it soon enough.
Yeah I use liquid corid

I have also seen that corid can be given undiluted how much should be given and and would it work faster, I’m giving her the corid with water by syringe. My mom is saying I should give her an antibiotic since the breathing she is making.

Another of her poops. Both eyes closed I hope she makes it, at the same time I don’t know if she will though.

Attachments

• B8554335-93A9-4FEB-ABDC-49CC23757751.jpeg
    B8554335-93A9-4FEB-ABDC-49CC23757751.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Please does anyone know what I can do, I feel terrible for her, her breathing sounds like this.
oh bless her, she doesnt sound too well 😔 in these situations the temptation is to do too much out of, understandable, desperation... keep her indoors, somewhere warm and separate from the flock, make her as comfortable as you can. I've never used corid before, when my chicks had coccidiosis, I had vet prescribed baycox, I cant comment on the corid use... Her breathing sounds strained/laboured to me, but not gurgly, it's hard to tell without being there first hand. If you think its gurgly or phlegmy sounding you could give her some doxycycline or whatever antibiotic for respiratory infection you have, check you can give her this along with the corid, some meds you cant mix. Alternatively if you have vetrx, mix some into a hot bowl of water and let her breathe in the steam for 10-15mins, I always find that helps to relax my sick chickens. The only other thing you can do for her is tube feed her a feed for critically ill omnivores or give her little food balls as someone else already suggested, if she hasn't been eating that could give her the boost she needs to keep going. Keep her hydrated, it sounds like you're already doing everything you can for her.

oh bless her, she doesnt sound too well 😔 in these situations the temptation is to do too much out of, understandable, desperation... keep her indoors, somewhere warm and separate from the flock, make her as comfortable as you can. I've never used corid before, when my chicks had coccidiosis, I had vet prescribed baycox, I cant comment on the corid use... Her breathing sounds strained/laboured to me, but not gurgly, it's hard to tell without being there first hand. If you think its gurgly or phlegmy sounding you could give her some doxycycline or whatever antibiotic for respiratory infection you have, check you can give her this along with the corid, some meds you cant mix. Alternatively if you have vetrx, mix some into a hot bowl of water and let her breathe in the steam for 10-15mins, I always find that helps to relax my sick chickens. The only other thing you can do for her is tube feed her a feed for critically ill omnivores or give her little food balls as someone else already suggested, if she hasn't been eating that could give her the boost she needs to keep going. Keep her hydrated, it sounds like you're already doing everything you can for her.
Yeah I’m trying everything I can do for her it really hurts she was this close to being a mom she was broody with a few eggs under her

Back
Top Bottom