Dead.Chicken acting lethargic

If you gave her the medicine and electrolytes she needs to sleep now. How full did her crop end up? Her crop should be around half full or even full with the corid+elecrolight mixture. Did she get a full daily dose of corid based on what the directions say? If you think you did it wrong post a picture of your corid package label.

She will sleep the whole night just fine, don't worry. Her reactions are all normal and she needs to rest so the medicine passes through her system. The mucous is from her digestive tract and crop.

The medicine is going to be fighting the bacteria and by tomorrow she may feel better and may even eat by herself in the morning. She needs to sleep so the medicine works.

You can check her early in the morning at dawn and give her more water and corid. If she win't eat by herself, be ready to feed her by hand.

As per the antibiotic, it wouldn't hurt to give it. Depends on if her crop can take any more liquids right now.

If you gave her the medicine and electrolytes she needs to sleep now. How full did her crop end up? Her crop should
be around half full or even full with the corid+elecrolight mixture. Did she get a full daily dose of corid based on what the directions say? If you think you did it wrong post a picture of your corid package label.

She will sleep the whole night just fine, don't worry. Her reactions are all normal and she needs to rest so the medicine passes through her system. The mucous is from her digestive tract and crop.

The medicine is going to be fighting the bacteria and by tomorrow she may feel better and may even eat by herself in the morning. She needs to sleep so the medicine works.

You can check her early in the morning at dawn and give her more water and corid. If she win't eat by herself, be ready to feed her by hand.

As per the antibiotic, it wouldn't hurt to give it. Depends on if her crop can take any more liquids right now.
If you gave her the medicine and electrolytes she needs to sleep now. How full did her crop end up? Her crop should be around half full or even full with the corid+elecrolight mixture. Did she get a full daily dose of corid based on what the directions say? If you think you did it wrong post a picture of your corid package label.

She woke up and sneezed and standed, sometimes when sneezing she drops a booger/mucous, I didn’t wake her up we are carrying her right now preparing for the worst, and I’m in tears man. What a beautiful chicken. Her crops is not that big with water with some hard little things
https://youtube.com/shorts/vH6O-XMXTJI?feature=share

Yeah me too. U know anyone that has had experience with a chicken this bad
I've lost two of my chickens in the past month, to something unrelated to coccidia. They both ended up in a bad way before a decision was made to euthanize them. If yours is getting the treatment she needs now I'd give her body a chance to respond to the medication, keep her warm and comfortable in the meantime. When mine was sick, I had her in a dog crate lined with towels, in our kitchen, with a couple of blankets over the top of the crate to keep her calm

Hello. I hope you chicken was able to rest and the medicine was able to work overnight.

In the morning, give her water and a dose of corrid orally directly in her mouth. Put some food near her to let her try to eat on her own.

Rest is still important. Please report how she is doing.

Hello. I hope you chicken was able to rest and the medicine was able to work overnight.

In the morning, give her water and a dose of corrid orally directly in her mouth. Put some food near her to let her try to eat on her own.

Rest is still important. Please report how she is doing.
I lost her, I lost the poor thing tried everything, gave her breath vertex, gave her corid drops by mouth, mixed with water as well, electrolytes, antibiotic, but I failed the poor thing she was doing the sneezing thing then breathing like the video I posted. Let her lay in her box, came back an hour later her whole butt was messed up with the wet poop, you could see the stains of her sneezing in the box, she was worse, I wanted to put her down, it hurt, I thought there was hope, so I told my mom to check on her since she makes my dad her breakfast in the morning before my dad goes to work, it was terrible she was laying head spread, legs spread, had liquid coming from mouth, horrible day, please everyone check on your chickens, one day they might be amazing the next they could be at deaths doors. These are beautiful creatures and I hate seeing them suffer. Please.
RIP Peanut July 31 2020- May 21 2021
https://youtube.com/shorts/9CMG7bXU0iQ?feature=share

Attachments

• 10514194-B2C5-4692-A235-782BD02C2E0D.jpeg
    10514194-B2C5-4692-A235-782BD02C2E0D.jpeg
    703 KB · Views: 5
We live in a rural are so having hens/livestock is extremely rare and there are no vets who specialize in avians.

I found this post from you after I replied to your other post. I don't recall Houston being a rural area, but maybe you're a bit outside of Houston. You might want to do some coop/run cleaning and sanitizing too if you're having ongoing health issues.

Though chickens can be dirty and unclean, when kept in confined spaces of any size, the amount of contaminants that they're exposed to grows exponentially. Thus, it's imperative that those spaces be kept as clean as you can keep them. What does that mean?

Clean the coop out regularly.
HEAVY CLEANING: Take all the bedding out, scrub the nest boxes, floors, roost bars, and pathways that the birds use in the coop. Scrub with a brush and some water with a bit of chlorine in it. That will kill most everything that's living in what's left. BEFORE you put any bedding back in the coop, LET THE COOP DRY THOROUGHLY! Some Diatomaceous Earth (DE) on the floors of the coop, pathways, and nest boxes will help keep bugs and such from becoming a problem until the next cleaning.

LIGHT CLEANING: We clean every week by removing the bedding, and doing a dry cleaning of the floors. Twice per year, we do a heavy cleaning with water and chlorine mixed (a few TBSPs to a gallon of water). As for bedding, pine shavings are great. We use about 2-3" in the bottom of our coop and clean it out each week the day before the trash goes out, putting a new layer in for the coming week. New DE goes in about once per month...

The RUN: clean the run regularly too. Get a soft rake, and rake all the stuff that's on top of the ground to a central point and get it into a trash can with a shovel. Feces is NOT good for chickens to eat, but they will do so as they scratch and forage for food. Also, clean up anything they might get into that can hurt them: antifreeze, motor oil, grease, sharp objects (metal, glass, and the like), contaminated water, fertilizers and other chemicals, and so forth. Make the run clean like you made the coop clean.

FEED: Store you feed in sealed containers. I know you said you pull the feed to keep mice/rats from eating it, so you've got a problem with those pests, and they carry diseases. We use a sealed commercial rat bait system just outside our run to control rats and keep them out of areas where the chickens live. We also keep our feed stored in tightly-sealed 5 gallon containers in a building separate from our coop.

WATER: Clean, fresh water is essential to healthy birds. Be sure they have fresh, clean water every day.

I get the sense that maybe these birds will be fine if you do those things. Healthier chickens are up to us. If we treat them well, give them good, clean places to live and run, and feed them good food and water, they'll be healthier and happier.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom