Dead chicken....Wormer help.... Wazene/ivermectin pour on

darin367

Songster
9 Years
Dec 1, 2010
Shelton, Wa.
Ive had a flock of 7 for a few years, no real problems, used ivermectin pour on in the past for mites/ worms...... got 3 new chicks in the summer, they grew up fine other than all 3 were roos.... my son also got a puppy this summer, and the chickens and dog co-mingle...... well the dog has round worms (for sure)... last week, 1 of my roos falls over dead, now this week, another roo is lethargic, still eating n drinking...so i'm thinking worms in the chickens,, (hoping a disease was not brought in).. so far it's only affected 2 of the roos that i got this summer, they're 5-6 months old now..... so, the dogs being wormed and i have some wazene 17 in the chickens water today, and they're cooped up so it's the only water they can have....i also isolated the lethargic roo..... here's my questions... 1. how long do i keep the wazine water out for them, it is cooler here so they aren't drinking alot... also the wazine says to use again in 30 days, but some people use ivermectine in 10 days, some in 14 days etc, etc....2. how long before using ivermectin, or do i use wazine again to make sure round worms are dead.......... i'm asking for someone with some real experience in this matter...... thank you in advance.....

I have never wormed my chickens before, but the package should say how long to give it to them for. As for the two roos... Did the one that died act odd before he died? And can you describe the behavior of the lethargic one in more detail because it may not just be worms. Lethargy can be anything.

just went and checked on the lethargic roo...... definately worms.... the wazine must work pretty fast... he's feeling way better.... dead round worms in his poo....... so now my question is, do you guys use wazine in 30 days or do you use ivermectin in 10-14 days.........

just went and checked on the lethargic roo...... definately worms.... the wazine must work pretty fast... he's feeling way better.... dead round worms in his poo....... so now my question is, do you guys use wazine in 30 days or do you use ivermectin in 10-14 days.........

Leave the wazine out for 24 hours, then discard. I recommend dosing your birds in 10 days with either valbazen cattle/sheep wormer or safeguard liquid goat wormer. Dosage for either product is 1/2cc given orally undiluted.

Back
Top Bottom