Dead chicken!

rach080296

Songster
5 Years
Jan 29, 2016
I have a mobile coop with an electric net fence and a dozen chickens today I went out to find one of my hens just laying on her side struggling to breath there was also some feathers around she died a little while later .. ( I looked her over no mark on her at all nothing ) I thought it would have been a hawk but I'm not sure ... I'm in SW florida

I have a mobile coop with an electric net fence and a dozen chickens today I went out to find one of my hens just laying on her side struggling to breath there was also some feathers around she died a little while later .. ( I looked her over no mark on her at all nothing ) I thought it would have been a hawk but I'm not sure ... I'm in SW florida
Was she lethargic leading up to this? Did you notice any oddities about her poop? If she was showing signs if weakness other chickens may have begun to pluck some feathers, but a bit more info is needed to begin making guesses.

She was completely healthy otherwise I just took them out of their enclosure and put them in electric fence because they're having problems with the enclosure so I was fixing it and then my son went to the hospital so I wasn't able to keep up with the chickens for a couple days even though we fed him water them and others are gone and injured so I'm sure it was a predator they're back in there and closure completely enclosed in now

Back
Top Bottom