Dead egg?

Jenneh85

Songster
8 Years
Jun 12, 2015
Phoenix
Need eggspert advice on candle-lighting on this egg and in general.

its from one of my blue egg layers, I got the egg on the 19th the day before my birthday, my husband bought me a incubator and my blue layers are starting to stop laying So I wanted a baby of the one that's laying still (she stopped a few days ago):hit

is this dead?
the other 2 don't look like this and I am not sure how often I can do this or if my flashlight is two strong, The other one I have that I got on the same day is bigger inside and has what looks to be a bean (baby)

the 3rd egg gotten on the 22nd has veins in it and I'm not sure if its dead either but I don't want to keep opening the top off and moving them around to much.

Attachments

• 20230628_195908.jpg
    20230628_195908.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 96
Hello!

Need eggspert advice on candle-lighting on this egg and in general.

its from one of my blue egg layers, I got the egg on the 19th the day before my birthday, my husband bought me a incubator and my blue layers are starting to stop laying So I wanted a baby of the one that's laying still (she stopped a few days ago):hit

is this dead?
the other 2 don't look like this and I am not sure how often I can do this or if my flashlight is two strong, The other one I have that I got on the same day is bigger inside and has what looks to be a bean (baby)

the 3rd egg gotten on the 22nd has veins in it and I'm not sure if its dead either but I don't want to keep opening the top off and moving them around to much.

How far along in incubation is it? It does seem a little off…

I wouldn’t throw any away or break any open quite yet, and I would personally wait a few more days after they’re due, just to make sure that you don’t accidentally break open an egg with a live chick inside. I’ve seen far too many people crack eggs open thinking that there’s no way the chick is alive, only to find a wriggling little body inside chirping like mad!

Hello!

How far along in incubation is it? It does seem a little off…

I wouldn’t throw any away or break any open quite yet, and I would personally wait a few more days after they’re due, just to make sure that you don’t accidentally break open an egg with a live chick inside. I’ve seen far too many people crack eggs open thinking that there’s no way the chick is alive, only to find a wriggling little body inside chirping like mad!
these eggs im guessing are at day 12 by some guide I am using. When I candled the egg when I got it on the 19th the brown egg was more developed then the blue, so I thought the blue was laid that day not the day before (I missed a day of collection) so the egg might be a few days older, I am not sure.

Both brown and blue egg (6/19/2023) where put in at the same time, but the growth rate is significantly different.

You won’t hurt the eggs to candle them. I candle mine daily when incubating ? I get high hatch rates so it doesn’t hurt them
What day did you put the eggs in the bator ?
You could have cold or hot spots in the bator causing the change in development
As for the other egg you see veins in
Veins equal life
The veins will go away if baby dies

You won’t hurt the eggs to candle them. I candle mine daily when incubating ? I get high hatch rates so it doesn’t hurt them
What day did you put the eggs in the bator ?
You could have cold or hot spots in the bator causing the change in development
As for the other egg you see veins in
Veins equal life
The veins will go away if baby dies
I put them in on the 19th - the day I set up the incubator got it early for my bday - wanted to do this for my kids.

Blue egg name is huggy (son)
brown egg is baby Cheeky (daughter)

The incubator was brand knew in the box.
Magicfly Mini egg incubator with automatic egg turner. Had the best ratings on Amazon even though there are better ones, but I am happy with this one :D

its at a stable 38.1 c right now, I turned it down .1 because of the date for the older eggs compared to the 06/22 egg (does that even matter?) that egg has more veins then the brown 6/19 - I am so confused LOL :confused:

I put them in on the 19th - the day I set up the incubator got it early for my bday - wanted to do this for my kids.

Blue egg name is huggy (son)
brown egg is baby Cheeky (daughter)

The incubator was brand knew in the box.
Magicfly Mini egg incubator with automatic egg turner. Had the best ratings on Amazon even though there are better ones, but I am happy with this one :D

its at a stable 38.1 c right now, I turned it down .1 because of the date for the older eggs compared to the 06/22 egg (does that even matter?) that egg has more veins then the brown 6/19 - I am so confused LOL :confused:
Every bstor has cool and warm spots and not one bator has correct readings
It’s recommended to calibrate both a hygrometer and thermometer and set them inside for more accurate readings
My bator has cool spots so I move my eggs around daily
I usually hand turn mine and will move them each time I turn or if the schools are hatching and use my turner I have then rotate the eggs once a day when they Candle
You can take pics of the other two eggs and show us if you want
I wouldn’t worry to much though
As long as you see veins there is life in the egg

These are the other two eggs, I rotated them and put the blue one in the first slot. I out the brown one on the end and the one with the veins in the middle to see what would happen the dates of the egg were written with regular pencil.

Attachments

• 20230629_094445.jpg
    20230629_094445.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230629_094511.jpg
    20230629_094511.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 10
These are the other two eggs, I rotated them and put the blue one in the first slot. I out the brown one on the end and the one with the veins in the middle to see what would happen the dates of the egg were written with regular pencil.
The top one is the vein just one big circle with the little blob in the centre?
The second one looks good
Lots of spider veins
If the top one doesn’t have spider veins branching out it maybe a quitter and that circle veins would be called a ring of death

The top one is the vein just one big circle with the little blob in the centre?
The second one looks good
Lots of spider veins
If the top one doesn’t have spider veins branching out it maybe a quitter and that circle veins would be called a ring of death
So this means that the blue egg is a quitter due to something wrong with the mother or it just happens?
i dont see any blood veins like that in the blue egg, and brown egg that was put in at the same time.

The egg from the 22nd seems to be going strong?

Back
Top Bottom