Dead Embryo in Egg?

JewelBirds

Crowing
7 Years
Apr 13, 2017
Hi,
I believe that I have a dead turkey embryo. I had candled at day 14 and it was moving and alive, but now it's day 23 (I initially candled it at 21 and it was the same way) and I don't see movement or veins, etc. I discovered a crack in its shell and believe it may have gotten bacteria in there. I got a stronger flashlight and it deepens my suspicions. I just want a second opinion before I throw it away. There are a few photos below of it. For future reference, what can I put into the crack of a shell to prevent bacteria from getting in there?

Hi, I believe that I have a dead turkey embryo. I had candled at day 14 and it was moving and alive, but now it's day 23 (I initially candled it at 21 and it was the same way) and I don't see movement or veins, etc. I discovered a crack in its shell and believe it may have gotten bacteria in there. I got a stronger flashlight and it deepens my suspicions. I just want a second opinion before I throw it away. There are a few photos below of it. For future reference, what can I put into the crack of a shell to prevent bacteria from getting in there?
It looks like a quitter to me as well, but if it doesn't stink or leak you can leave it there. Melted wax can be used to cover minor cracks it eggs.

Back
Top Bottom