Dead hen

Greta A

Chirping
Jun 8, 2022
I had a hen who was sitting on 4 eggs in a chicken tractor. It was just about hatch time and poof. A predator takes mom and two eggs. I put the remaining eggs under another hen.

Can anyone identify the carnage. I am thinking raccoon. Or rabid alien Bigfoot.

Attachments

• DD8BDED9-362F-4C36-B806-BEC2DC74EADF.jpeg
    DD8BDED9-362F-4C36-B806-BEC2DC74EADF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
Is there like feathers strewn around or like body parts or is the body whole still but very mutilated? It probably is a raccoon but with the hair on the fence it kinda looks like a fox, not very sure on this one. I would suggest putting a game camera up because usually if predators get an easy meal like this they will mostly likely come back.

Last edited:
Is there like feathers strewn around or like body parts or is the body whole still but very mutilated? It probably is a raccoon but with the hair on the fence it kinda looks like a fox, not very sure on this one. I would suggest putting a game camera up because usually if predators get an easy meal like this they will mostly likely come back.
There are feathers. Gloria put up a fight. Artie the neighbors dog brought the chicken to his home still alive but hurt too bad to save. The neighbor put it down. Artie is to large to have been the culprit I think he scared off the predator

There are feathers. Gloria put up a fight. Artie the neighbors dog brought the chicken to his home still alive but hurt too bad to save. The neighbor put it down. Artie is to large to have been the culprit I think he scared off the predator
She was still alive? What breed was she?

Back
Top Bottom