dead mouse in the nest box

Quote:
Boil the mouse?
gig.gif

yup might sound funny but its the best way to assure that you pass no diseases off to your chickens

When I read the post about boiling the meat, I pictured myself coming inside the house with a dead mouse and placing it in a pot of boiling water. I would have to throw that pot away after cooking it.
sickbyc.gif
That's why I had to laugh. I believe you about making it tender and not passing any disease.

Quote:
yup might sound funny but its the best way to assure that you pass no diseases off to your chickens

When I read the post about boiling the meat, I pictured myself coming inside the house with a dead mouse and placing it in a pot of boiling water. I would have to throw that pot away after cooking it.
sickbyc.gif
That's why I had to laugh. I believe you about making it tender and not passing any disease.

yeah ,.. it's still funny.....
gig.gif
maybe BBQ'ed would be nice,...
lau.gif

yup, they love mouse. Mine take care of any critters brave enough to venture toward their feed. I also toss freshly killed mice that my cats get into the chicken pen and its gone in a flash.

A few years ago I found a skull picked clean, with very sharp teeth on it. We're guessing a small predator (skunk? fox?), but all hens accounted for. Who knows what sort of killing spree is going on up there at night. Maybe a horror film of sorts.....

Quote:
sickbyc.gif

yeah ,.. it's still funny.....
gig.gif
maybe BBQ'ed would be nice,...
lau.gif

I wonder if it "tastes like chicken" LOL
lau.gif

My chickens love it when they catch a little mouse, and I think their favorite treat is the little green lizards I find all over the place!!

BigDaddy'sGurl :

What are you feeding your chickens to make them lay mice???
lol.png

yuckyuck.gif
Must have been a bad batch of layer food, for sure!​

slight word of caution -- check to see if your local mouse population is carrying hantavirus

supposedly "pets" cannot get the virus, but humans can be infected

sites I checked, didn't say anything about chickens

so be careful if you have to deal with mouse droppings ...

Back
Top Bottom