Dead Whites?

Tikkijane

Crowing
9 Years
My 16 keets hatched and shipped last Wednesday. They were late because the whites didn't hatch out at all. Everyone arrived alive and active. Friday am = 1 dead white for unknown reason. Everyone else fine.

Did a check first thing this morning- everyone fine and active. 2 hours later= another dead white one.

Are the whites more fragile? Heat/water/food is fine; seperated out from all other bigger chicks.

Anyone have insight?

I've never had an issue with my Whites being less hearty than any of the other colors/varieties I hatch and raise, so it may be the quality of the breeding stock your White keets came from that's the issue (especially since the first hatch of Whites failed, seems to be a pretty good indicator that there's an issue with that particular flock or bloodline of White breeding stock, IMO).

Last edited:
[COLOR=4B0082]I've never had an issue with my Whites being less hearty than any of the other colors/varieties I hatch and raise, so it may be the quality of the breeding stock your White keets came from that's the issue (especially since the first hatch of Whites failed, seems to be a pretty good indicator that there's an issue with that particular flock or bloodline of White breeding stock, IMO).[/COLOR]
That's what I thought. Let the hatchery know, fwtw.:/

Back
Top Bottom