Dealing with rats

I doubt that I'll be able to prevent the rats from getting in the garage, but I think the coop is pretty secure, and I don't leave food out at night. Are these bait stations good? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0725X2WHJ/?tag=backy-20
What kind of poison would you recommend?
I'll probably put the bait stations in the garage, and close the garage door.

That is a warfarin based poison. It will take quite a while and many bait blocks to knock em down.

Keep the bait stations loaded. Check them every few days.

If placing in the garage.....put them where you are seeing rat droppings. The stations have to be where they are known to go or they won't find them.
They go in the garage. What's the stronger poison?

Yes.

Horrible task you have at hand. Yes it is a much more potent poison. The first one has reduced risk of secondary poisoning. It begins to break down immediately in the corpse. The second one remains toxic long after the critter is dead.

Vitamin k is the reversal to poison one. Not sure about poison 2.

It is up to you what to use.

Yes.

Horrible task you have at hand. Yes it is a much more potent poison. The first one has reduced risk of secondary poisoning. It begins to break down immediately in the corpse. The second one remains toxic long after the critter is dead.

Vitamin k is the reversal to poison one. Not sure about poison 2.

It is up to you what to use.
I don't think there is an antidote for the neurotoxin. I think I'm going to go with the first one, because I'm concerned about the possibility of secondary poisoning with the second one.

Back
Top Bottom