1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dear TSC

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Hooligan Farm, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Hooligan Farm

Hooligan Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    Burlington County, NJ
    Dear TSC,
    I'm sorry but I can't see you anymore. I want to see other people(agway). After yesterday I realized we had different views on where our relationship is going.
    You can't give me what I need (gamebird starter) and won't even attempt to change. Please don't make this any harder then it is. Its not you its me (NOT!!!!!). I may still
    come and visit you from time to time to check on you but after our conversation yesterday, I'm just not that in to you. Sorry it didn't work out.

Once yours and gone for good,
    Hooligan

P.S.
    You were my first choice

2. Rozzie

Rozzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Ugh! I know. Ours has Manna Pro in 5 pound sacks and Dumor Turkey feed in large sacks. That is IT for gamebird food.

Orscheln's doesn't have much more.

I did find (1 hr 15 minutes away) Purina feed...

3. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Weird... Our local TSC (Corinth, Ms) special ordered our mini-pig feed, a higher protein sweet feed, and also a certain protein chick starter I wanted with no problem whatsoever.

4. Hooligan Farm

Hooligan Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    Burlington County, NJ
    I forgot the Agway was there and its been around longer than I've been alive. They another brand so I'm trying that and they also make their own stuff. So we'll see how it goes

5. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] I'm sorry you couldn't see eye to eye. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    There is always online.... [​IMG]

7. Buttercup Chillin

Buttercup Chillin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    SouthEast TX
    Online, have you lost it quaillady. I order my food seeds online, I can't afford to feed the hoards of birds I raise from online Gamebird feed. The shipping alone would be horrendous.

I ended up going to a little feed store here, they will order (once I showed him that he could) the Purina Gamebird Startena for me as I need it. Yes, if they order any Purina, they can get the Gamebird Feed Startena also. Thank goodness, I forgot to order for this hatch and he ordered anyway. So he has 1 bag for me to pickup Monday (Sorry, sold the other, surprised him) and that will get the younguns to the next order when it comes in, 2 weeks.

Our TSP does have a gamebird feed from some brand I never heard of. Just started carrying it this summer. Not very high protein, but they did start carrying it.

You know, 2 years ago there wasn't anyplace around here that carried Gamebird feed. Now everyone carries some brand or another or will order it for you.

Keep Pestering them if Agway doesn't work out.

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    TSC has their 24% starter feed which is okay for gamebirds. That's probably why they don't carry the other. Though my TSC also carries Purina feeds (flock raiser, chick starter, and layena), so if they all do this there is no reason why they can't get Purina gamebird starter.

9. chicks4kids

chicks4kids Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    My TSC has stopped carrying the Terramycin eye ointment too....huge disappointment because I use that on all of the wonderful neighbors cats that get sick eyes too....I've been straying away from TSC as well....sad, sad day.....

10. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:UNFORTUNATELY YOUR IS THE WEIRD CASE. THIS FORUM IS FULL OF NEGATIVE ENCOUNTERS WITH TSC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by