deaths ....Necropsy Photos added... graphic

I had another death, but posted a new post. This necropsy was very interesting and had some abnormal findings. I have not gone to a lab, but may contact and see what they say based on the findings and pics i have.

Quote:
I Think that is what is left of one of her ovaries. There should have been to nice ovaries and one appears necrotic. I had some girls who lost weight in the spring but after being treated for worms put the weight back on. Some of my girls are the opposite of wasting,..... I worry they are putting on too much weight. Anyone who has lost weight it is usually associated with runny stools.... I still thing an enteritis of some sort.

Quote:
I Think that is what is left of one of her ovaries. There should have been to nice ovaries and one appears necrotic. I had some girls who lost weight in the spring but after being treated for worms put the weight back on. Some of my girls are the opposite of wasting,..... I worry they are putting on too much weight. Anyone who has lost weight it is usually associated with runny stools.... I still thing an enteritis of some sort.

Sorry for mis-reading? Your first post stated all but one that died had weight loss

I guess with the recent deaths some of them had lost some weight, but not to the point of wasting. I think it was likely related to the mal- absorption from the diarrhea.... I don't know. I wish now I had necropsied the other girls to see if there were simliar findings. Doesn't take long and I do learn. Getting ready to post a link to my newest death that had abnormal findings, not related to the RIR.

I appreciate you posting the pics of the necropsy. It's good to learn as much as you can. Someone on another site did a necropsy and she took the actual organs out and photographed them separately.
It's too bad that we don't know if the necrotic bowel was the cause or an after effect.

Back
Top Bottom