Dec electric bill

Gas heat + electricity is $285 this month, about $143 each.
I'm kinda wasteful. Like for it to be warm enough to run around in shorts all year long.
Almost every month I get the BAD latter from Puget Sound Energy. "I compare poorly to my neighbors"
lol.png

Imp-Blames the heat in the chicken coop- they like shorts too.

we use a wood burning stove that my husband welded together. we save money on cords by cutting up pallets. you can find wood burning stoves all over craigslist. my sister in law bought a brand new one that should have been $1200, and paid $150 for it!!! Wowwwwiiieee!

I'm on the budget plan $210 every month. Summers are what kills us. We are an LP house; in-line point of use hot water heater, dryer, stove, 3 gas furnaces and vent free gas logs. Still the electric bill makes me cry. I have unplugged all of the lights and media in the two spare bedrooms, use twirly light bulbs in every socket, keep all of the computers unplugged when not in use. I don't know where I can cut out more.

I even use a dehumidifier in the summer to help the air conditioners.

Still $210 per month for two people just isn't right.

Ours was appx $100, high considering we have gas stove, dryer, heater... but nothing near the nightmare with Green Mountain.

That company is owned by the devil.

I'm more annoyed by my water bill. For two months it's been $62.01... obviously we didn't use exactly the same amount of water two months in a row, this has happened before and so I asked and they said that every now and then they don't bother to read the meter, just go with last month's readout. Isn't that peachy? So, if the meter guy checks your meter and sees that you only used $30 worth this month (IE if you were on vacation for two weeks thus weren't using any shower, cleaning, laundry water) then they'll just decide to use last month's usage and your bill is double. THAT really chaps me.... *growl*

Back
Top Bottom