December 18th hatch anyone?

It's not a great picture, but here are my first two!!

32822_calistas_birthday_chicks_hatching_190.jpg

Quote:
LOL.... I guess I'm busted! I ordered a bunch of eggs for delivery the same day and of course they all came different days.
barnie.gif
So I had some due the 16 (no luck) 18th, 24th and 26th. Plus...the 26th came with 1 duck so he's due Jan 2!
fl.gif

Congrats to all those hatching and good luck to those with babies still on their way!
jumpy.gif
I hope you don't mind if I share my babies that hatched last night. I got 40 chicks out of 41 eggs.
celebrate.gif

121809hatch021.jpg

As soon as I moved them to the brooder, our power went out.
barnie.gif
DH dug out the generator while I called the power company. We have a storm coming in and this is no time to play with power. Thank goodness, it was only off for 20 minutes.

Quote:
I have the following in there;

23 split lavender orp (most of the black chicks pictured)
8 white orpington
7 split lavender/black araucana (7 of the black ones)
2 lav araucana

Jessa - your chicks are adorable!
love.gif

overeasy - keeping my fingers crossed for you.
fl.gif

Got chicks
jumpy.gif
2 so far. Waiting on number 3, but no pip yet. Here's a couple pictures of them still in the incubator. The dark one was born about 1 am this morning, and the little yellow one came this afternoon about 2:30. I was a little thrown by the yellow chick. These are suppose to be Mille D'uccle, and self blue duccle. Praying the 3rd egg decides to hatch and join them
fl.gif
I will take more pictures when they get in the brooder.

43331_mf1.jpg

43331_chickmf.jpg

Awww how cute!
I'm down to 3. Cute little Mumbles died
hit.gif
if you saw the other thread he had a protrusion issue. He danced just like happy feet too. It was cute.
hit.gif

So I have 1 buff, 1 black and 1 that might be partridge. He was covered in what looked like egg white. ewwww. I left him in the bator for hours and when I came home, he had started to harden! poor thing could barely move. he kept chirping though. So I took him and the paper towel he was on and patted him with warm water to loosen the gunk, then brushed him with a dry toothbrush to fluff him. I didn't get it all off, just enough so he could move freely. I warmed him in front of a space heater then put him under the heat lamp. I cleaned out the bator....maybe I should put him in alone over night?

Back
Top Bottom