DECEMBER Hatch-A-Long!šŸ˜Š

The short time I had my little chick, I did a lot of reading up on how to care for them. I understand they need softened food and deeper food containers and also be fed separate from the rest of the flock. Are you having any trouble getting her to eat and drink?šŸ˜Š

Mmm there one particularly large chick thatā€™s struggled to get his right leg underneath him. It seems like it was pointed to heā€™s rear in the egg. Heā€™s starting to manage it but Iā€™ve also noticed heā€™s fairly round in shape. Iā€™m hoping his digestive system is developed and heā€™s able to poo.
Give it a little bit of time but you may want to consider ā€œcupā€ therapy, it may help with his legs. Kind of like physical therapy for chicks!

The short time I had my little chick, I did a lot of reading up on how to care for them. I understand they need softened food and deeper food containers and also be fed separate from the rest of the flock. Are you having any trouble getting her to eat and drink?šŸ˜Š
No beaker bullies everyone lol. Itā€™s the largest of all the chicks I have lol

Update on bottom pecker. I did my best making sure it didnt dry out until I fell asleep by the incubator, expecting to wake up to no progress I instead woke up to a BEAUTIFUL sight!!
20201204_121039.jpg

Will be restocking what I dont have and adding more to my "chicken first aid" kit

Attachments

• 20201204_114804.jpg
    20201204_114804.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 7
Update on bottom pecker. I did my best making sure it didnt dry out until I fell asleep by the incubator, expecting to wake up to no progress I instead woke up to a BEAUTIFUL sight!!
View attachment 2436168

Will be restocking what I dont have and adding more to my "chicken first aid" kit
Yay, what a little beauty! šŸ„°
I slept on the sofa last night, getting up frequently to check mine! šŸ˜‚

They are really beautiful! Love the blue ones (I am partial to blue) šŸ„°
Thank you, I love blue too! Some of the chipmunk pattered ones should be blue partridge but the majority seem to be Partridge golds. The solid blues are a nice surprise! Thereā€™s both a lite and a dark one I believe they are a Brahma cross. I think their mother is a splash pattern sheā€™s some sort a spectacular laying breed with a large comb.
I wasnā€™t going collect eggs that werenā€™t Brahmas but I was curious and couldnā€™t help myself. They are all so adorable šŸ˜
Currently I have three amigos still hanging out in a rather smelly incubator, two chicks that have piped but decided they arenā€™t ready to move out, and 5-6 eggs who I think may be ones I brought in from the broody hen. Iā€™ll candle them after everyone else is done, I think if they are alive they may be a bit immature still.

Back
Top Bottom