December Hatch-A-Long 2014

Good luck! That's such a cool idea! I'm hoping to have an animal guru out of my 5 kids :)

I'd be talking to your neighbor and doing a little investigation lol do they mind that she wanders over there? Just curious. I used to live on a farm house and the people that lived in it before us warned us that the neighbors chickens will always be in the yard and it's really obnoxious but I never minded at all :)
No the neighbors don't mind at all but im just worried shes going over there to start a brood. I would be very happy if she went broody, but i dont want to stress her out by moving her to our yard.

If she was broody she would just stay there not go back and forth.she just found a nice place to lay egg.a broody hen stays on her eggs almost 24 /7 only gets off to eat.

I just realized that my oldest silkie chicks are 12 weeks... I thought they were only 5! Where does time go???
th.gif

Anyone care to make a guess on gender? the white is much larger, thicker legs with big feet. The partridge has dainty legs and feet and is taking forever to feather out. He/she didn't seem to grow at all for the first week and wings didn't start to feather until about a week and a half or maybe 2 weeks.

Peepers (partridge) refused to hold still very well so this is as good as I could do
roll.png

I just realized that my oldest silkie chicks are 12 weeks... I thought they were only 5! Where does time go???
th.gif

Anyone care to make a guess on gender? the white is much larger, thicker legs with big feet. The partridge has dainty legs and feet and is taking forever to feather out. He/she didn't seem to grow at all for the first week and wings didn't start to feather until about a week and a half or maybe 2 weeks.

Peepers (partridge) refused to hold still very well so this is as good as I could do
roll.png
To be honest I personally think they are to young to guess what gender they are. BUT, if I had to guess, I would say they are pullets!

Oops! I actually meant to put this in the silkie thread. I got a little mixed up when a mysterious cookie appeared midair and whacked me in the head. 7 witnesses under 4 ft tall and not one can explain this phenomenon. Hmmm... anyway, I will take all the input I can get
wink.png
It is early but I always find it fun to guess silkie genders

Oops! I actually meant to put this in the silkie thread. I got a little mixed up when a mysterious cookie appeared midair and whacked me in the head. 7 witnesses under 4 ft tall and not one can explain this phenomenon. Hmmm... anyway, I will take all the input I can get
wink.png
It is early but I always find it fun to guess silkie genders
You'll never get the truth out of them, lol! And I post in the wrong section all the time! Also, it is fun to guess the genders until one that you are really hoping to be a female turns out to be a male, lol!
yippiechickie.gif

You'll never get the truth out of them, lol! And I post in the wrong section all the time! Also, it is fun to guess the genders until one that you are really hoping to be a female turns out to be a male, lol!
yippiechickie.gif

Isn't that the truth?? I've got 7 running around this evening and the minute that cookie made connection the house went dead silent LOL I turned around to find
hide.gif
hide.gif
hide.gif
hide.gif
hide.gif
hide.gif
hide.gif

Another absolute fact lol I'm hoping to get one roo but if I end up with 2 pullets it wouldn't break my heart
big_smile.png
I've got a 2 week old paint that is a different story.... please be a pullet, please be a pullet, PLEASE be a pullet....
fl.gif
I don't want to have to make a decision about whether or not I can keep it. I suspect the white is a roo already but it's so hard to tell with silkies!

Back
Top Bottom