Decorating the chicken coop?

Here's the paint job we did on ours before we built the run. It's odd, but it definately stands out!

Coop002sa.jpg

Coop003sa.jpg

Coop005sa.jpg

I just made a few stencils of chickens and eggs. I used google images for chicken cartoons, picked a fiarly simple chicken, printed it out, traced it on old x-ray film and cut them out. I'm letting the grandkids stencil them inside the coop this weekend. (It's drywalled). They want to make them look like the different chickens we have so they'll paint in the colors of RIR, wyandottes, buffs, etc. I don't know how it'll turn out but the kids will like doing it!
smile.png

We're still working on our coop, but I have this little cutie hanging on the door.
6a00d8341c2d2753ef01156f3d1f7b970c-300wi

I was joking that I would paint the coop to match, but the idea didn't fly all that well. HA! Here's a digitally "painted" version of the unfinished coop.
6a00d8341c2d2753ef011570337efe970b-300wi

Back to the drawing board...

Last edited:
Quote:
ROFLOL.. Reminds me of the old flying toasters screensaver from Afterdark. Too funny!
big_smile.png

Good guess! I think that's how my warped mind may have gotten the idea!
big_smile.png

Definitely decorate it. This coop is for YOU too. If it makes you happy when you go out there, then by all means, go for it. I took a lot of ribbing for "fancying" up my coop, but it makes me smile and I don't really care what anyone else thinks.

I recently saw, in a magazine, a chicken coop with a copper fox shape on the roof. Cute but just a little bit creepy...

ETA: Welcome from MN!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom